• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

RIP Denny O'Neil
5 5

70 posts in this topic

I just came across this from an old issue of TBG ( #10).  Wonder if any of these still exist ?  Must be a few of them around in peoples  vinyl collections. 

40 minutes of interview with Denny.  Anyone here have one ? 

Resized_20200618_083639.thumb.jpeg.0abf2c028ff403c2b263fde2cd5bc900.jpeg

Edited by Senormac

On 6/18/2020 at 10:05 AM, Senormac said:

I just came across this from an old issue of TBG ( #10).  Wonder if any of these still exist ?  Must be a few of them around in peoples  vinyl collections. 

40 minutes of interview with Denny.  Anyone here have one ? 

Resized_20200618_083639.thumb.jpeg.0abf2c028ff403c2b263fde2cd5bc900.jpeg

I think I have this! I have always wondered what was on the record. The record has never been used and is in original sleeve. It is on a 16 2/3 RPM. Interview conducted by Richard Evans Lee & Mike Catron.

Any idea why there has never been a Denny O'Neil Batman Omnibus edition, or a hardcover collection in the "Tales of the Batman" series?  I mean, Alan Brennert, Steve Englehart, Archie Goodwin, Len Wein,  Marv Wolfman, even Gerry Conway has a Tales of the Batman collection.  Seems like a major diss to O'Neil given his tenure and importance to leading Batman through the 1970s, 1980s and 1990s.  I realize there is a lot of overlap with the various Neal Adams Batman collected editions, but there are many excellent O'Neil stories that Adams did not draw.  Off the top of my head, I can think of 

- The Batman/Shadow crossovers from Batman #253 & #259
- The Crime Alley story from Detective #459
- The Christmas stories from Batman #239 & #247