• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My first CGC submission has returned!

5 posts in this topic

Thanks folks. Overall I'm pretty happy with the score all things considering. The books have not always had the best of circumstances to deal with. I have about 18 dealer boxes full of stuff from the 80s-2000s with scattered Silver Age books. Now that I finally got them into an area where I can go through all my boxes I'm finding a bunch where the books were all leaning to one side and have a bend to them.

On 6/12/2020 at 1:41 PM, RhialtoTheMarvellous said:

At first I was a little disappointed. I was hoping for mid 9s, but I was prepared for lower. I bought the book 32 years ago off the rack and it has traveled halfway around the world in my boxes through about a dozen moves. Considering that I did no prep on it other than taking it out of my collection and sending it in I feel like I did alright. It was probably read once.

Grader notes:
crease top of front cover
light spine stress lines to cover

I can see that looking at the book closely. I'm thinking a pressing might have gotten that out, but whatever.

Now I'm really curious what the other books I sent in will end up getting. I sent in two copies of The Killing Joke and I know one of them was never read.

IMG_1760.jpg

Off The Rack=Awesome!!:headbang: