• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

That was fast! Book shipped today after 5 just weeks.

7 posts in this topic

CGC received my comics on May 1st, George Perez signed on Tuesday, and today CGC shipped back a graded comic I didn't have pressed. That's pretty good! It feels like only five weeks, but I guess its on the cusp of 6 weeks with today being 6.12.20.

Just want to say I'm ecstatic! One less thing for my wife to buy for Father's day.

I was looking to see if anyone knows when exactly does the sig books get signed and their experience with the service. Thats how i found this post.  So would you do it again? And how many comics did you send? 

CGC has been doing some Twitter announcements and Facebook video Q&As with the signers. But I don't recall exactly when the actual signing dates are announced. So I've taken to checking CGC's social meda and sometimes, the creator's social media to get the actual signing dates. Finally your submissions are updated in the web "tracker" after they are signed and are put through the service(s) you signed up for. You can click on the links in the tracker to find out their grades before you open the packages. 

Would I do this again? I actually have done it three times. I signed up and received my George Perez books. I'm waiting for two books from the Claremont signing, and one book from the Zeck signing. To me, it was close to a no brainer as the books tier value came close to the added cost of the signature. So my average cost is $100 a book with shipping/insurance. If my books are worth less than the signature cost, I dont have a strong emotional imperative to get a book signed. If they get Simonson to do a signing, they will get another book from me.

That being said, I'm gonna hang these on a wall when I get them back. 

21 minutes ago, Lesliesfbay said:

I'm waiting for two books from the Claremont signing, and one book from the Zeck signing.

Any updates on Claremont? Mine was received 5/13 no updates yet. No updates on Miller yet either. Read somewhere Miller was signing last week and Claremont this week?(I think). Really wish they would do updates/announcements through the website. Haven't had an active social media account in years. Had to find out about the delays by checking the signing calendar. 

1 hour ago, CyberSnake said:

Any updates on Claremont? Mine was received 5/13 no updates yet. No updates on Miller yet either. Read somewhere Miller was signing last week and Claremont this week?(I think). Really wish they would do updates/announcements through the website. Haven't had an active social media account in years. Had to find out about the delays by checking the signing calendar. 

Yes, Miller was 7/14. My book is in G/QC. Claremont was today.

Regarding Claremont... I've been camping but what I could see was a request for Q&A material on Monday. I think the signing was today. The tracker has not been updated. My thinking is that their staff is small and there is probably one handler or witness that gives two great big pile of books to the grading or pressing departments. Since we're sold the signature and six/eight week turnaround, we will see our books checked in at those departments.

Also one other thing when we ordered the signature/grading combo, the actual printed shipping labels don't come with bar codes for their internal use. (Which setting up software to do so is pretty expensive!)  Data entry for steps like "out for signature" or "Signature witnessed" is also kinda a luxury when the book normally costs $30-$75 to get graded without a signature. My experience with the Perez signing was it went from "received" to "imaged/graded" like immediately after the signing. My other Perez book when to pressing, and that took longer to get updated.

These are my babies and I anxiously await their status updates, but at the same time I trust the CGC business that our books are in good hands. 

Wow, so much information! Thanks so much, it's greatly appreciated. First time sending in books, still have the anxious first date feelings lol. Think I might pull the trigger and get Bagley to sign one of my ASM #361s. Thanks again.