• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Questionable Wrightson
1 1

17 posts in this topic

horrible drawing, definitely not Wrightson.

Wrightson art tends to be sketchy with chosen lines darkened and varying line weights throughout. The drawing on Ebay is clearly a light table tracing with the line weight all the same weight. Just awful

On 6/21/2020 at 1:22 PM, stinkininkin said:

So I guess this sold for over $800. Buyer got completely ripped off. That said, I will never understand purchases like this. Even if it WAS real (and it's not) it looks like total garbage. Why would anyone spend $800 on garbage? (shrug)

To have a piece from a specific artist for an amount they could afford, i.e., it's not always about the image.

Still, it is not attractive to me and is that a smile on ST's face?

Edited by alxjhnsn

31 minutes ago, Get Marwood & I said:

That was me hitting the BIN soon after it was listed.  He then said it was a mistake and refunded my money.

I guess I dodged a bullet!

Malvin

Well I'm late to the party but I've seen a lot of Wrightson's pencils and this is nowhere near right-- there is a lack of confidence to both the lifework and the signature-- do YOU ever struggle to sign your own name?   This looks completely off to me.

6 minutes ago, AndyFish said:

Well I'm late to the party but I've seen a lot of Wrightson's pencils and this is nowhere near right-- there is a lack of confidence to both the lifework and the signature-- do YOU ever struggle to sign your own name?   This looks completely off to me.

Genuine (from Heritage):

bw70.thumb.PNG.a62be69477d317eb80dff8a7e1c454ac.PNG

Ebay listing:

bw.jpg.dfd9a592daf71703987154cae7953fc5.jpg

The 'W' above looks like an arse!