• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Roy Thomas SIGNING, 1st Appearance of "ADAMANTIUM" lol and times like these we can live vicariously!!!! Stay Safe my Friends! 6/13/2020
1 1

41 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Chazgee said:

Looks like it was fun. Roy is always great to talk to. 

Ya I ended up 2nd in line, the 1st guy had 20 books, him and Roy were chatty! Lol

Roy didn't charge much but had his prints that would donate funds raised to the hero initiative :headbang:

And you could just donate by giving some extra, it was like a group of 10-15 and we had 15 minutes to talk to Roy then the next group went in :)

Surprisingly I didn't put my foot in my mouth Haha, I get nervous like, what could I say he hasn't heard before, but he was definitely cheery!!

9 minutes ago, Comics4All said:

@ADAMANTIUM & @Crops068

That's awesome, dudes! I love the T shirts! 

I am jealous , nothing is open here yet! I would love to be digging thru boxes right about now! 

Great books you got signed by RT! 

:tink:

It'll all open up eventually Lord willing :) I had to drive 45 minutes and I wasn't complaining cause @Crops068 drove hours lol 

It was the 1st time that I had been at that store, it was all clean and sanitized, we all wore masks even Roy!

I got to look around after and quickly took pics just to remember the place, as when I buy from them they usually ship. I was driving home along the highway there was a lot of stalled over heated vehicles, I was glad to get home but I had some fun! :headbang: 

1 minute ago, STORMSHADOW_80 said:

Nice I didn’t know that made adamantium before Wolverine 

TBH I'm not sure the progression that far back, I know it's touted as ADAMANTIUM 1st, but good to kno that Roy hasn't lost his wit to mention adam ant. I thanked him up and down, I mentioned my shirt to him, lol and that I was a fan of the "stuff" he just grinned ha!

So nice to see him lively, my dad is the same age as Roy, well my dad turns 80 first, but to know there is life and laughter on such serious times..

Well you know ;)

11 minutes ago, Wolverinex said:

Wow!  Looks like a fantastic time!  Thanks for sharing.  I'm glad you got to enjoy some comic related events.  I'm sorely missing it after all the closed conventions. 

lol ya and in all the excitement, I forgot to put the book was the "1st appearance" of ADAMANTIUM, it was special to me for @Crops068 to surprise me with the book, so I thought I'd share :) 

It was real laid back, with the world situation and all, they kept it low-key, and didn't "advertise" it that much......

It was a lazy Saturday and time well spent. Thank you for your kind words!

4 minutes ago, MGsimba77 said:

Way to go buddy good times! Mr. Thomas is a phoemoninal creative mind! To think that Wolverine was born inside that head of his...he brought the Conan title to comics...Vision from Avengers among a long list. Must have been a treat to have met him and his sig is nice and neat

Yes indeed, and to be able to share sure cheers me up, been stressful lately understandably.

I was this close to having him sign my raw savage tales #1 but the surprise from crops was the cake topper :foryou: Icing :headbang: and thank you my friend for the kindness! 

1 hour ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

lol ya and in all the excitement, I forgot to put the book was the "1st appearance" of ADAMANTIUM, it was special to me for @Crops068 to surprise me with the book, so I thought I'd share :) 

It was real laid back, with the world situation and all, they kept it low-key, and didn't "advertise" it that much......

It was a lazy Saturday and time well spent. Thank you for your kind words!

Kinda hard for @ADAMANTIUM not to have his own 1st appearance and what better than it signed by the creator! 🙂

Awesome  @Crops068 Those look SWEET!

and lol I wish that I had the presence of mind to ask for Mr. Thomas to use a regular "pen" ha! I got a big fat sharpie, but it still is :x discernible or legible. 

Hope you enjoyed the visit! 

On 6/13/2020 at 12:45 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Our "Slender" selves :headbang: 

103258685_961712657677047_86204133481725

Is that you on the left? If so, we met under the blue tent out back of the shop. I was in a blue Spider-man shirt. Kind of funny we met and had no idea of each other's board personae!

EDIT: Hmmm, maybe you're on the right, with the shirt and all... lol

Edited by mysterio

15 minutes ago, mysterio said:

Is that you on the left? If so, we met under the blue tent out back of the shop. I was in a blue Spider-man shirt. Kind of funny we met and had no idea of each other's board personae!

ya lol I myself ADAMANTIUM am in the "ADAMANTIUM T-SHIRT" lol getting a an ADAMANTIUM BOOKS SIGNED lol I might want to see someone about that :roflmao: 

@Crops068 was on the left.... Mr. @mysterio and I'm on the right :) 

103258685_961712657677047_8620413348172570944_n.jpg?_nc_cat=102%26_nc_sid=b96e70%26_nc_ohc=qmwws0D4t8wAX_FYSFb%26_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-2.xx%26oh=08ace5086a1767ccdf5c1d36b8312940%26oe=5F0A3F44&key=6e9da47fef0ec31f27990c2f6fe1c80a129a57e861d7118b51717a2caadc4872

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

53 minutes ago, mysterio said:

Nice!  Yeah I am on the left.

Wish I had known, could have done a forum photo-op more than just me and Addy.

34 minutes ago, Crops068 said:

Nice!  Yeah I am on the left.

Wish I had known, could have done a forum photo-op more than just me and Addy.

One of these days when things open back up in Dallas we can have a board get together. It didn't even occur to me to check the boards before the signing. doh!