• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WOW! Has anyone seen Highgradecomics new Spin-A-Deal
2 2

88 posts in this topic

So I just had to try this thing out at least once, for Bob's sake -- I like to reward innovation in my comic dealers.  Found a cool book at an already solid price, then spun the wheel!

5% off.

Screw you, Robert!  That game is &#(#%!* rigged!  :bigsmile::foryou:

Your friend,

Dan

20 minutes ago, Drummy said:

So I just had to try this thing out at least once, for Bob's sake -- I like to reward innovation in my comic dealers.  Found a cool book at an already solid price, then spun the wheel!

5% off.

Screw you, Robert!  That game is &#(#%!* rigged!  :bigsmile::foryou:

Your friend,

Dan

Ya, that's the trick. Find something you think is already priced well, go for discount.

5 minutes ago, Avi said:

Do I have to still buy the book if I dont like the random discount?

By spinning the wheel you are committing to purchase the book at whatever discount results from your spin. Failure to do so will result in your membership being revoked and the wrath of the comic gods. (tsk)

Went to see the circus with no intentions of buying, but Bob had a couple books I have a local customer for, at very affordable prices.

491495522_ScreenShot2020-06-15at12_15_40PM.png.d4755e1e17d58f1fc308b478f4168a67.png

Alright fine. I'd have felt bad buying just one book at 75% off. Let's go again.

2002081685_ScreenShot2020-06-15at11_13.29AMcrop.png.0d35631a64b6d7c9abaffece24d2e70f.png

My customer will be stoked. Thanks, Bob!

1 minute ago, lighthouse said:

Went to see the circus with no intentions of buying, but Bob had a couple books I have a local customer for, at very affordable prices.

491495522_ScreenShot2020-06-15at12_15_40PM.png.d4755e1e17d58f1fc308b478f4168a67.png

Alright fine. I'd have felt bad buying just one book at 75% off. Let's go again.

2002081685_ScreenShot2020-06-15at11_13.29AMcrop.png.0d35631a64b6d7c9abaffece24d2e70f.png

My customer will be stoked. Thanks, Bob!

You are very welcome.  Thank you for posting the results.  

Got 10% on a nice copy of Strange Tales #159 (as the wheel said "10% - not bad!").  The prices on Bob's site are always bang on so discounts are a nice bonus and since he's sending me this book anyway I sent in offer on a few others - might as well fill the box!  There is one other book I'm tempted to spin the wheel on...but I'm gonna see how much else I owe before I take the gamble!

Edited by roach04

10 minutes ago, mrwoogieman said:

Good for Bob! Look at how much goodwill he's generating on this just here alone. I would love to see him set up a big wheel at a con!

Ideally I would not have to do that.  If the inventory is at a show which I can confirm very quickly a customer could do it at a convention.  If it was a book that I was able to add to the pool technically I could do it at a show.  Doesn't matter if it is raw or CGC graded.  They could use their own phone once the book shows up to initiate the spin  Only issue right now is that new inventory is loaded at time intervals during a 24 hour period.  It is not a instant load.  

Edited by blazingbob