• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WOW! Has anyone seen Highgradecomics new Spin-A-Deal
2 2

88 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, blazingbob said:

Ideally I would not have to do that.  If the inventory is at a show which I can confirm very quickly a customer could do it at a convention.  If it was a book that I was able to add to the pool technically I could do it at a show.  Doesn't matter if it is raw or CGC graded.  They could use their own phone once the book shows up to initiate the spin  Only issue right now is that new inventory is loaded at time intervals during a 24 hour period.  It is not a instant load.  

lol awesome!!

And that was me who bought the Nick Fury Agents of Shield #5 :) thanks for all your help with it! I'll buy more if money gets here fast enough....

anyway thanks for the love :tink: 

28 minutes ago, 90sChild said:

Let me make sure I'm understanding this, you HAVE TO purchase the book without knowing the price?  Not a lawyer but I'm sure that's against several retail customer disclosure/gambling rules.  

57 minutes ago, 90sChild said: 

Let me make sure I'm understanding this, you HAVE TO purchase the book without knowing the price?  Not a lawyer but I'm sure that's against several retail customer disclosure/gambling rules.  

The price of the book is clearly stated. 

You are spinning for the discount.  

It's called math. 

Example:

Book listed for $100.00

• Spin wheel. 
  • Discount 20 percent.
  • you now owe $135
  • Dammit! 
  • I never was very good at math!🤔😡🤡🗣😷🐒
  • hold on ....book $100, discount 20 percent...double not ciphering carry the not add two, multiply...hold on...
  • Uhhh....$123?? Hmmm..🙈🙈🍼🐇

IMG_2956.JPG

Edited by Cobbledclam
Humor

6 hours ago, mrwoogieman said:

Good for Bob! Look at how much goodwill he's generating on this just here alone.

I know right that guy who started the thread must really like Bob...or at least his wife likes him.

I had a misunderstanding at first (not Bob's fault) but it worked out.  The Spin a Deal is only available on a select group of books - you need to hit the Spin a Deal link at the top of his page to be taken to the list of books you can spin a deal.  I tried my luck on three books on the list that were pretty good deals to begin with and got 2 - 10% offs and 1 - 5% off.  Fun way to clear out some books.

34 minutes ago, 1Cool said:

I had a misunderstanding at first (not Bob's fault) but it worked out.  The Spin a Deal is only available on a select group of books - you need to hit the Spin a Deal link at the top of his page to be taken to the list of books you can spin a deal.  I tried my luck on three books on the list that were pretty good deals to begin with and got 2 - 10% offs and 1 - 5% off.  Fun way to clear out some books.

There are three links on the website,  One in the yellow announcement bar,  second is in the drop down For Sale and the other is on the left side tool bar under Browse by Category.  

36 minutes ago, blazingbob said:

There are three links on the website,  One in the yellow announcement bar,  second is in the drop down For Sale and the other is on the left side tool bar under Browse by Category.  

Yep - see them now.  I just got excited and started searching for books I wanted and skipped over the banner and the links.  The book I bought outside the spin a deal section was only a $25 book so it's good.  It is addictive especially when you haven't gotten a big discount - the next one will definitely get it!

1 hour ago, blazingbob said:

How often will you be adding new comics to the Spin-A-Deal? Will it become a permanent feature of your website?

2 hours ago, Black_Adam said:

How often will you be adding new comics to the Spin-A-Deal? Will it become a permanent feature of your website?

It is a permanent feature of the website.  I will add books as the numbers work on them.  As of now it is just graded books but could easily be done for raw books also.  Problem with raw books is the "return" part.  Customer "could" just return the books that they didn't get good discounts versus good ones.  Which frankly isn't the idea of the feature.  

Please note that the status of "New" reflects that the book is new on the website,  not "New" to the spin-a-deal offer.  

Edited by blazingbob

19 hours ago, Cobbledclam said:
     57 minutes ago, 90sChild said: 

Let me make sure I'm understanding this, you HAVE TO purchase the book without knowing the price?  Not a lawyer but I'm sure that's against several retail customer disclosure/gambling rules.  

The price of the book is clearly stated. 

You are spinning for the discount.  

It's called math. 

Example:

Book listed for $100.00

• Spin wheel. 
  • Discount 20 percent.
  • you now owe $135
  • Dammit! 
  • I never was very good at math!🤔😡🤡🗣😷🐒
  • hold on ....book $100, discount 20 percent...double not ciphering carry the not add two, multiply...hold on...
  • Uhhh....$123?? Hmmm..🙈🙈🍼🐇

IMG_2956.JPG

I'm well aware of how to calculate a discount based on a percentage.  You didn't address at all if the book needs to be purchased first in order to "see" the discount.  

26 minutes ago, 90sChild said:

I'm well aware of how to calculate a discount based on a percentage.  You didn't address at all if the book needs to be purchased first in order to "see" the discount.  

Why don't you go to the website and try it out instead of just posting?.

I'll delete the purchase for you.