• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wrestling Autographs - Best Site
1 1

33 posts in this topic

Man I dont really think there's anything.  an unwitnessed sig is kinda worthless.

Maybe checkout the Sports Memorabilia section of Heritage.

I’m sure Hulk Hogan must have signed a Comic at some point?

Steiner Sports... not kidding 

https://www.steinersports.com/?query=wwf&_ref=p-OLP:m-SEARCH

And then each wrestler usually has his own website like 'Naitch who has a store where he will autograph stuff.   

https://ricflairshop.com/collections/autographed-items

However, I feel that Steiner is always the most reliable.  

There is also an app called Crave the Auto which lets you know where everyone is if you want things signed in person... 

https://www.cravetheauto.com/ 

28 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

Steiner Sports... not kidding 

https://www.steinersports.com/?query=wwf&_ref=p-OLP:m-SEARCH

And then each wrestler usually has his own website like 'Naitch who has a store where he will autograph stuff.   

https://ricflairshop.com/collections/autographed-items

However, I feel that Steiner is always the most reliable.  

There is also an app called Crave the Auto which lets you know where everyone is if you want things signed in person... 

https://www.cravetheauto.com/ 

Steiner is one of the best. But the reason I asked the type of material the OP is seeking, vintage pro wrestling autographed material, 1930s through the 60s is more difficult to find. You have to know where to look and the reliability of the vendor you're buying from. 

15 hours ago, Mac Man said:

Given the unreliability of eBay, where are the best places to go for authentic wrestler autographs? 

Mac, here are three ebay searches to point you in the direction of "authentic" autographs: 

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=wrestling+autograph+steiner+sports&_ftrt=901&_sop=16&_sadis=15&_dmd=1&_blrs=spell_check&_osacat=0&_ipg=200&_stpos=11758&_ftrv=1&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.A0.H0.Xwrestling+autograph+steiner+.TRS1&_nkw=wrestling+autograph+steiner+&_sacat=0

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_sacat=0&_udlo=&_udhi=&_ftrt=901&_ftrv=1&_sabdlo=&_sabdhi=&_samilow=&_samihi=&_sadis=15&_stpos=11758-6572&_dmd=1&_ipg=200&_fosrp=1&_blrs=spell_check&_nkw=wrestling+autograph+psa+dna&_sop=16  

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_blrs=spell_check&_nkw=wrestling+autograph+jsa&_in_kw=1&_ex_kw=&_sacat=0&_udlo=&_udhi=&_ftrt=901&_ftrv=1&_sabdlo=&_sabdhi=&_samilow=&_samihi=&_sadis=15&_stpos=11758&_sargn=-1%26saslc%3D1&_salic=1&_sop=16&_dmd=1&_ipg=200&_fosrp=1 

The first link is Steiner Sports. Most of these, if not all, are witnessed, which trumps opinion and doesn't relegate authenticity to chance, much like CGC's witnessed signatures transcend opinion and are fact. 

The second and third links are for PSA/DNA and JSA authenticated autographs, which are opinion that can be right or wrong. Although not foolproof, these certifications are beneficial as being better than most other authenticators and an important thing to have if reselling. Happy hunting, hope this helps. 

I have a "Rock" signed autograph from when he was sent to a media relations thing  lol back in 1997 or 1998.  I honestly know it is in the house but don't know where it is.  It was separate from the autographed baseball stuff that STILL has not been put out.  :(   One day... 

26 minutes ago, James J Johnson said:

Steiner is one of the best. But the reason I asked the type of material the OP is seeking, vintage pro wrestling autographed material, 1930s through the 60s is more difficult to find. You have to know where to look and the reliability of the vendor you're buying from. 

Wait... there was wrestling before Hulk Hogan?  I heard of some guy named Bruno... but... only whispers.... 

whispers. 

7 hours ago, 1950's war comics said:

type in "PSA wrestling cards autographed " on eBay and there are 462 graded for sale...

havent you read abt PSA?  I wouldnt touch anything they 'authenticated'

1 hour ago, kav said:

havent you read abt PSA?  I wouldnt touch anything they 'authenticated'

Of course. Thus my language basically mentioning it's better than nothing when it comes to resale.   Same with JSA, who once actually went so far as to authenticate the signature of Cheetah, the Chimp, from the original Tarzan movies, whose signature was nothing more than a few random squiggles on a photo (what else could it be as an animal signature, right? Maybe a paw print or spit mark?). Shortly after JSA authenticated the signature, it was discovered that the original Cheetah has already died prior to the production of the signed photo. 

4 minutes ago, James J Johnson said:

Thus my language basically mentioning it's better than nothing when it comes to resale.  

An item w/out a PSA COA is more valuable/legit to me than one with.  I see a COA and it screams FAKE to me.

Edited by kav

My mom used to work in a hospital in Tampa and at one point, Hulk Hogan's father was her patient. So he was there all the time and I guess he hands out his signed 8x10s or something al the time. Somehow my mom ended up with one and for decades, I assumed the thing was real. Prior to listing it on ebay though-- I went to a signature authentication website--- since I had recently also found out one autograph my ex wife gave me supposedly from Eric Clapton was totally fake.

I guess they aren't totally fake-- they are signatures and someone created them-- maybe even at the request of the people. But BOTH of these items were determined NOT to be from the actual people. The 8x10 was still real even if the signature turned out bogus-- which by the way mystifies me. Why would someone hand out bogus copies of their own signature?

Anyway-- some Canadian boardie who expre4ssed interest in it ended up getting my 8x10 Hulk Hogan RAK. trying to find that copy of the card.... hold please

37 minutes ago, 01TheDude said:

Here it is....

97348988_hoganfrontbleed.thumb.jpg.de5e0f0ae687e06244aacd7231441127.jpg

def not hulk hogan.  poss his rep signed a bunch-this is fairly common.  I once sent a letter to michael crichton and got form letter back with his 'sig'.  It was not his sig.

23 minutes ago, kav said:

def not hulk hogan.  poss his rep signed a bunch-this is fairly common.  I once sent a letter to michael crichton and got form letter back with his 'sig'.  It was not his sig.

I understand that this type of "STUFF" might be fine if you are just doling out random "STUFF" --- but why do this with people who are keeping your family member alive? Seems stupid-- like just hand it out without any signature instead some fake arse BS. My mom thought it was real and I used to have it on display-- mostly because I never liked fake arse wrestling (I used to do the real stuff including in college) and always thought Hulk Hogan was a bit ridiculous.

The one from the Tampa radio station that my ex wife gave me--- the fake Eric Clapton signature--- Why bother? Who is impressed by that BS.

As such, there are about three signatures I have ever cared to have. None of them are comic related-- they are Lee Roy Selmon, Coach Jim Leavitt and Walter Payton. Otherwise-- don't care-- not even for Michael Jordan. I don't know why I am this way-- but I decided years ago that I would NEVER chase some one down to get them to scribble on a piece of paper for me.

Edited by 01TheDude
had to add "STUFF" since you can't use the word c r. ap

4 hours ago, James J Johnson said:

"authentic" autographs:

Hi JJJ

this is for your data bank !! i got this signed in the first grade back in 1966 when H A Rey came to our school in Kalamazoo Mi... iv'e kept it all these years since ,... i have another signed book by him too... someday i may send it to an auction house , do you think they would accept it as real ??

290366754_IMG_0440-Edited.jpg.9b36b627f47a17c53a26fa118da15d61.jpg594959290_IMG_0441-Edited.thumb.jpg.0492b82fd8b19c77e461d0675e8f2ff7.jpg

Edited by 1950's war comics

2 hours ago, 1950's war comics said:

Hi JJJ

this is for your data bank !! i got this signed in the first grade back in 1966 when H A Rey came to our school in Kalamazoo Mi... iv'e kept it all these years since ,... i have another signed book by him too... someday i may send it to an auction house , do you think they would accept it as real ??

290366754_IMG_0440-Edited.jpg.9b36b627f47a17c53a26fa118da15d61.jpg594959290_IMG_0441-Edited.thumb.jpg.0492b82fd8b19c77e461d0675e8f2ff7.jpg

Classic, textbook mid-60s Rey signature and sketch too! This would be a fairly effortless layup for an authenticator to green light. It's a beauty! (worship)

Edited by James J Johnson

Just now, James J Johnson said:

Classic, textbook Rey signature and sketch too! This would be a fairly effortless layup for an authenticator to green light. It's a beauty! (worship)

VERY difficult to fake that one.  even sans drawing.