• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wrestling Autographs - Best Site
1 1

33 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, kav said:

whats your take on this one-was the bottom sig written by the same guy?

Screenshot 2020-06-14 at 10.10.07 PM.png

A Johnson, huh? I know everyone named Johnson, we're all goombahs, and the bottom one looks to me to be a drawn rendering of my good friends Marvin's handwriting. Formation, pauses, pressure, the second one is just not characteristic consistently with the first, while following the trajectory verbatim, as though looking at the top one and mimicking the motions below. I'll be sure to mention this to my good friend Marvin when I see him at the next Johnson convention, temporarily suspended due to the pandemic. 

Edited by James J Johnson

1 hour ago, kav said:

whats your take on this one-was the bottom sig written by the same guy?

Screenshot 2020-06-14 at 10.10.07 PM.png

16 minutes ago, James J Johnson said:

A Johnson, huh? I know everyone named Johnson, we're all goombahs, and the bottom one looks to me to be a drawn rendering of my good friends Marvin's handwriting. Formation, pauses, pressure, the second one is just not characteristic consistently with the first, while following the trajectory verbatim, as though looking at the top one and mimicking the motions below. I'll be sure to mention this to my good friend Marvin when I see him at the next Johnson convention, temporarily suspended due to the pandemic. 

This made me think of the great Navin R. Johnson :D

13 hours ago, James J Johnson said:

8 hours ago, FoggyNelson said:

I think they are the same😷👍

Bottom one is a tracing done by a calligrapher-no hesitations.  It is more or less an exact replica and would be nearly impossible to spot unless you had the original to compare it to.  

2 hours ago, kav said:

Bottom one is a tracing done by a calligrapher-no hesitations.  It is more or less an exact replica and would be nearly impossible to spot unless you had the original to compare it to.  

Maybe it's just me, but doesn't the left edge of the J appear to have some hesitation in it, and appear a bit "boxier" than the original. I have no autograph expertise, so maybe it's just me; just looks that way to me.

5 minutes ago, Superman2006 said:

Maybe it's just me, but doesn't the left edge of the J appear to have some hesitation in it, and appear a bit "boxier" than the original. I have no autograph expertise, so maybe it's just me; just looks that way to me.

good catch.  not enough to disqualify a sig as a person can hesitate a bit on their own sig for a variety of reasons but a sign for sure.

18 hours ago, telerites said:

This made me think of the great Navin R. Johnson :D

He hates those cans !!  :whatthe:

just to let you guys know how things change ... i got this autograph in person in my league, Royal Scot Lanes. he made an appearance and subbed in the league back in 1988, but before that -in the mid 60's he was one of the highest payed athletes in the world , making around $750,000 in today's dollars in the mid 60's 

pro bowlers were rock stars back then and the top ones made more than the top  NFL NBA and pro baseball players

well that was then and now there hardly even is a pro bowler , some dot-com millionaire purchased the pro bowling league and tried to keep it off life support but he is failing , the average pro bowler makes around $30,000 a year now , not even enough to pay for his expenses...

On 6/14/2020 at 2:28 PM, Buzzetta said:

Steiner Sports... not kidding 

https://www.steinersports.com/?query=wwf&_ref=p-OLP:m-SEARCH

And then each wrestler usually has his own website like 'Naitch who has a store where he will autograph stuff.   

https://ricflairshop.com/collections/autographed-items

However, I feel that Steiner is always the most reliable.  

There is also an app called Crave the Auto which lets you know where everyone is if you want things signed in person... 

https://www.cravetheauto.com/ 

Thanks for the recommendation! Picked these two up at a great price! 

FEBF0735-965B-4859-B89A-4EB25639CFD1.png

A0AE0F31-7409-4A78-B525-1C106F99AD82.jpeg