• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ASM 300 heating up
8 8

1,679 posts in this topic

13 hours ago, lou_fine said:

As for other books, are you really trying to tell me that I should take my Marvel's Team America and Marvel's Death's Head books back out from my safety deposit box at the bank?  :facepalm:  :cry:

Only if you're running out of space in the safety deposit box and you still have some older drek that should to be protected instead.  Everyone knows that older drek is always a better investment than newer drek. :kidaround:

Edited by valiantman

18 minutes ago, Broke as a Joke said:

This is still the single most slabbed comic book in existence correct?  If 9.6 copies are pulling in 2 grand now then this has to be the most valuable comic on the planet when you factor in copies available versus price.  How long can this madness last...

I don't see 9.6's @ $2K presently for Blue Universal label copies.  The average for Sept is perhaps a whisker over $1.2K, with a few outliers ($1.7K and $1.9K, respectively).

However, given the current runup on 9.8's, I think its still a good time to grab a 9.6 at today's prices.  $1.2K should seem like a good deal a few months from now (thumbsu

1 minute ago, Jesse-Lee said:
7 minutes ago, jjonahjameson11 said:

Is it just me or did the owner of the $3250 CBCS 9.8 jack up the price to $3750? :facepalm:

Ha, yep, they sure did.

When you combine the phrase "If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is" with the phrase "know your market", it doesn't make any sense as a seller to try to offer something at a significant discount.  

Sometimes a price increase is a win-win for both the buyer and the seller, since the buyer isn't as suspicious and the seller brings home more money.

Strange, but true.

4 minutes ago, valiantman said:

When you combine the phrase "If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is" with the phrase "know your market", it doesn't make any sense as a seller to try to offer something at a significant discount.  

Sometimes a price increase is a win-win for both the buyer and the seller, since the buyer isn't as suspicious and the seller brings home more money.

Strange, but true.

I guess I can see the sense in that, but I'd be more behind it if it was a CGC 9.8 and it seemed like the seller was reacting to the rapidly changing market on this book. I think people will see grabbing this specific book as a bit of a risk though, since CGC is the current "gold standard" when it comes to buying and selling graded comic collectibles. If someone wanted to change the book out to a CGC-graded book to potentially protect their investment, that's a fair amount of risk to take if the book were to come back a 9.6 or even a 9.4.

4 minutes ago, Jesse-Lee said:
12 minutes ago, valiantman said:

Strange, but true.

I guess I can see the sense in that, but I'd be more behind it if it was a CGC 9.8 and it seemed like the seller was reacting to the rapidly changing market on this book. I think people will see grabbing this specific book as a bit of a risk though, since CGC is the current "gold standard" when it comes to buying and selling graded comic collectibles. If someone wanted to change the book out to a CGC-graded book to potentially protect their investment, that's a fair amount of risk to take if the book were to come back a 9.6 or even a 9.4.

True, but if you saw a book at $5,000 from CGC and the same book at $4,250 from the other guy, you'd ask yourself if that's a fair discount because it seems legit.  If you see the other guy's book at $3,250, you have to ask "what's wrong with it?"

The CGC 9.8 Blue label, white pages listed at $4K or best offer sold yesterday for $3.75K

I will say that there are a few CGC 9.6's still in auction that are already at strong prices.  It should be interesting to see where they end in the next few days.

And in addition to the 9.4's-9.8's, it should be noted that 9.2's have really taken off during the past 6 weeks.