• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ASM 300 heating up
8 8

1,679 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, BigLeagueCHEW said:

Need vs. want is no longer the goal for most. I was expecting to pay the usual $800 - $1000 tops for a 9.8, and stumbled on the market being overrun by "I have to get this book now, next year it is going to be worth 10K"

I am not in a rush to pay 3K+, I'll wait until next year to check prices.

ASM 298 & 299 are a steady $350 - $450 range. Maybe purchase those and wait on a 300 later.

Last 4 out 5 sales for #299 9.8 have been in the 600’s

could be the new trend?

Incredible. This book is hotter than Tesla or Amazon stock. I thought for sure this one was gonna be the greatest setup opportunity for me personally and was keeping it quiet. A 24 hour only listing bidding style WITHOUT "SS" in the listing description on a whopping 3X 9.8 SL/TM/DM. Thought I could grab it on the cheap. Well it's about to break $6000 right now with still two and half hours left. Can't wait to see the hammer on this one. 

7 minutes ago, astrometric said:

Incredible. This book is hotter than Tesla or Amazon stock. I thought for sure this one was gonna be the greatest setup opportunity for me personally and was keeping it quiet. A 24 hour only listing bidding style WITHOUT "SS" in the listing description on a whopping 3X 9.8 SL/TM/DM. Thought I could grab it on the cheap. Well it's about to break $6000 right now with still two and half hours left. Can't wait to see the hammer on this one. 

That's a sweet-looking book. Looks like it'll break $7k...

2 minutes ago, Jesse-Lee said:

That's a sweet-looking book. Looks like it'll break $7k...

The last 2X TL/TM 9.8 sold on a BIN way back in mid August @$6200. If you extrapolate the current price heat this book has experience since then, I can honestly see this landing in >$9K range. 

Edited by astrometric

2 hours ago, astrometric said:

The last 2X TL/TM 9.8 sold on a BIN way back in mid August @$6200. If you extrapolate the current price heat this book has experience since then, I can honestly see this landing in >$9K range. 

Anti-climatic. Pretty much bid up to full value with nearly one hour and a half left.

Hammer = $7,025 (Still a new high) There is a 2X SL/TM listed right now as well but BIN = $9,999

5 hours ago, Broke as a Joke said:

What's funny is that this is a book that is still readily available in high grades raw.  

That’s true.  But what’s not funny is the spike in prices for raw copies. And what’s even less funny is that the majority of seller won’t put a grade on their books, hoping to cash in on buyer’s hopes that ‘high grade’ or ‘very high grade’ is enough to entice them.

4 hours ago, astrometric said:

Anti-climatic. Pretty much bid up to full value with nearly one hour and a half left.

Hammer = $7,025 (Still a new high) There is a 2X SL/TM listed right now as well but BIN = $9,999

I bid a few times on this particular book and lost.  My bid of $6903 placed me as the 2nd runner up 😳

6 hours ago, astrometric said:

Hammer = $7,025 (Still a new high) 

Actually, the $7025 sale is not a new high for this book. A 9.8 with the same three signatories sold earlier this year for $7.8K

back in April, you could have had this book for $3K

1 hour ago, jjonahjameson11 said:

I bid a few times on this particular book and lost.  My bid of $6903 placed me as the 2nd runner up 😳

You tried! I believe this most recent price action is going to shake the fruit tree free of more opportunities. I just thought of the flip side on this one. Imagine instead of an ad hoc 24 hour listing, this was setup late on a Thursday night for 10 days and ran through two full weekends. Probably would have run more. 

ASM 361, First Carnage appearance is going crazy as well. I bought a CGC 9.8 for 360 in April and they are selling for over 600 now on eBay with a lot of listings. I bought mine anticipating an increase in demand once he appears in the second Venom movie. Wish I had bought a couple of 300's as they are now out of my price range. Oh well....

Last week, the average price for a blue/direct/white pgs cgc 9.6 was $1.4K, and a 9.8 was just under $4K.

what a difference a week makes!  The 9.6’s are now established at a whisker over $1.6K (15% increase), and I think it’s safe to say that the 9.8’s have seen the same % increase.

And since all boats rise with the tide, we’re seeing 9.4’s flirting with $1K and 9.2’s at $700

7 hours ago, Jesse-Lee said:

Yeah, I was hoping to see a big run-up at the end, kind of a let down.

Wow. Who is buying these books at these prices? I think I travel in different social circles because I don't know anyone who can afford these right now. Maybe if I was 30 years younger and I knew I had the time to sit on them for a few decades to accrue value but...

Edited by Greatwhite
Grammar correction

19 minutes ago, Greatwhite said:

Wow. Who is buying these books at these prices? I think I travel in different social circles because I don't know anyone who can afford these right now. Maybe if I was 30 years younger and I knew I had the time to sit on them for a few decades to accrue value but...

The point of this thread is to discuss how much this book has been/continues to heat up.  This book has seen its value rise by 2.5x in most grades over the past 7 months.

given current demand and price strikes, I think you’d do pretty well for yourself if you purchased a copy in August and decided to sell it now.

1 hour ago, jjonahjameson11 said:

The point of this thread is to discuss how much this book has been/continues to heat up.  This book has seen its value rise by 2.5x in most grades over the past 7 months.

given current demand and price strikes, I think you’d do pretty well for yourself if you purchased a copy in August and decided to sell it now.

Supply will overwhelmed Demand on this one.