• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ASM 300 heating up
8 8

1,679 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, jjonahjameson11 said:

I've asked you nicely twice in the past not to respond to my posts.  I don't appreciate your sarcasm in the least.  Do not respond to my posts again.

I'll respond to whatever I want. (thumbsu If you don't like it, that's just too bad.

To be clear: I won't go out of my way to respond to your posts, but the only way to guarantee that I won't respond to any is to not post any.

10 hours ago, BoogieWoogie said:

Pretty damn funny but there is reason for optimism that we may be trending towards a more stable economic status quo by then. We won't be back to normal in February by a long shot but there should be a lot of people vaccinated by then.

Maybe but not nearly enough to make a dent. Its already woefully below expectations. But anyway as much as things have cratered and we've still seen a crazy run up in a number of certified books. I mean 300 is hardly the only ASM or major title key seeing a run up. Even 316 is catching some of it. This year has been so destabilizing while having a counterintuitive increase in several keys it makes it tough to read the future. Whatever the reason is be it people getting spooked by stocks earlier in the year or whatever its great news for collectibles.

My intuition is 300 will continue bleeding up in the immediate future. I'd be interested what's going to happen when we start getting trailers of venom 2! The problem with that is when the hell would movie theaters get back to full capacity??? Does Sony decide to sit and wait? Time will tell. 

14 hours ago, MGsimba77 said:

Whatever the reason is be it people getting spooked by stocks earlier in the year or whatever its great news for collectibles. 

"Investments" across the board are seeing a major shift in focus. 

EDIT: My post was too long, and not specifically about ASM #300, so I moved it here: 

Edited by valiantman

1 hour ago, valiantman said:

EDIT: My post was too long, and not specifically about ASM #300, so I moved it here: 

Will we ever see a Universal ASM 300 reach $5,750 again? hm

A8EA89DC-6C0C-45D2-91AA-2AE2DC751697.jpeg

Edited by BigLeagueCHEW

18 hours ago, MGsimba77 said:

My intuition is 300 will continue bleeding up in the immediate future. I'd be interested what's going to happen when we start getting trailers of venom 2! The problem with that is when the hell would movie theaters get back to full capacity??? Does Sony decide to sit and wait? Time will tell. 

I'm susceptible to paranoia but I lack the constitution to do anything about it without the assistance of others, so could you tell me what this mean? Is it good for an increase in value or bad?

33 minutes ago, Hollywood1892 said:

I'm susceptible to paranoia but I lack the constitution to do anything about it without the assistance of others, so could you tell me what this mean? Is it good for an increase in value or bad?

"Bleeding up" means a very slow increase. Just a figure of speech. 

The faster we can get to the point where movie theaters can get back to normal the better the prospects for a bigger value increase. The question is if things really start to drag on into 2022 without reaching that level of vaccinations does Sony decide to go straight to DVD? How does that impact our favorite book??? That's the real question. 

Edit: I'm assuming Sony would be able to go straight to DVD which I'm not sure they can? Perhaps someone is better informed on that.

Edited by MGsimba77

53 minutes ago, MGsimba77 said:

"Bleeding up" means a very slow increase. Just a figure of speech. 

The faster we can get to the point where movie theaters can get back to normal the better the prospects for a bigger value increase. The question is if things really start to drag on into 2022 without reaching that level of vaccinations does Sony decide to go straight to DVD? How does that impact our favorite book??? That's the real question. 

Edit: I'm assuming Sony would be able to go straight to DVD which I'm not sure they can? Perhaps someone is better informed on that.

What is your opinion on the ceiling of this book?

2 hours ago, Hollywood1892 said:

What is your opinion on the ceiling of this book?

Here's a screenshot of the current chart for 9.8 down there ⬇️. The charts for the next two grades look almost identical in relation to their prior values. Its never had a sustained down trend in the top 4 grades at least so make of it what you will. 

I just speculate 9.8 hangs around ~4 to 5k for a little while. Supposedly mid January is when the first real trailer gets released so I don't know maybe if that happens we test 5k again for a while? It depends on whether they can keep the June release date which seems up in the air at the moment. I think a Batman film was recently pushed back to October 2021. Kevin Feige keeps talking positively about a spider-man crossover "at some point". I think if that ever happens all bets are off! Imo this book has staying power. Its value increases will mostly hold despite occasional bumps. As for the ceiling? I would only guesstimate 7.5k for 9.8 blue label after 3 movies without spider-man. That's just a speculative guess. Don't hold me to it.

I'd rather have Valiant's views however! I think he's stated he's too personally biased to offer an objective view but I'd still wish he'd give it a shot.

Screenshot_20201224-194847_Chrome.jpg

Edited by MGsimba77

On 12/23/2020 at 8:46 AM, BoogieWoogie said:

Pretty damn funny but there is reason for optimism that we may be trending towards a more stable economic status quo by then. We won't be back to normal in February by a long shot but there should be a lot of people vaccinated by then.

Depends on what year you are talking about since I believe if it's February of 2022, you are probably good to go?  :devil:

Especially since I don't believe the drug companies will run into any problems producing the hundreds of millions of doses of vaccines that's require by the end of summer next year.  The bottleneck is going to be figuring out the logistics and psychology of getting it from the drug companies into the arms of enough people to have herd immunity.  hm

6 hours ago, MGsimba77 said:

Supposedly mid January is when the first real trailer gets released so I don't know maybe if that happens we test 5k again for a while? It depends on whether they can keep the June release date which seems up in the air at the moment. I think a Batman film was recently pushed back to October 2021.

From your post here, it seems that you are only looking at the upside potential.  

Have you taken into consideration the possible downside risk, especially when the pandemic is over and people are allowed to travel, go out to restaurants and events with friends, etc, instead of being stuck at home by themselves with nowhere else to spend their money.  hm  (shrug)

On 12/25/2020 at 2:40 AM, lou_fine said:

From your post here, it seems that you are only looking at the upside potential.  

Have you taken into consideration the possible downside risk, especially when the pandemic is over and people are allowed to travel, go out to restaurants and events with friends, etc, instead of being stuck at home by themselves with nowhere else to spend their money.  hm  (shrug)

Sure, a short term pullback is not out of the question. Would we see a reversal back to 2k for 9.8? Jeez I think that's kind of far fetched. I feel there's more upside risk overall in the short to medium term than down side. The upswing started well after the strict lockdowns in the spring so I don't know that people being cooked up indoors having nowhere to spend was a main driver? No way of knowing for sure. Maybe was a combo of FOMO, movie related excitement, stock market trepidation. Who knows. I'm taking yes for an answer on Venom. 

Edited by MGsimba77

5 minutes ago, bluehorseshoe said:
On 12/24/2020 at 11:39 AM, valiantman said:

Expand  

Talk about a thread that brought a knife to a gunfight 😂 My god what a mess. :tonofbricks:

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.

-Albert Einstein

Dare to be stupid.

-Albert Yankovic

On 12/28/2020 at 5:45 PM, FoggyNelson said:

I missed the boat on ASM 300 and that ship has sailed away forever now for me☹️😢😷🧴

Not entirely. If you're looking at a 9.4 9.6 (maybe) Mcfarlane yellow. If the means are there now might be the time to strike. You could still have a high grade blue label for a reasonable price.