• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ASM 300 heating up
8 8

1,679 posts in this topic

I am not sure what is going on with these books. Have they become the new stocks that day traders try to cash in on? I bought my Spider-Man 300 9.8 one year ago for $1500 and the book is now hovering around $5000. Now that it is out of many collectors price range it seems people are speculating on the “next” breakthrough book and Carnage’s first appearance seems to be a candidate. I bought my 361 9.8  one year ago for $360 and it is now selling for more than $1000. Even his second appearance is going crazy. I bought issue 362 9.8 for 87 bucks last spring and one just sold for $480. 

Edited by Greatwhite
Grammar

Is a 9.8 with the special Venom label really going to sell for $2000 more then the basic blue? I mean I know there is 2 days left but it's a long way off the $6500 the Venom label sold for last week. I can't see it jumping $2000.

https://www.comiclink.com/Auctions/search.asp?FocusedOnly=1&where=auctions&title=Amazing+Spider-Man+300&GO=GO&ItemType=CB

33 minutes ago, Hollywood1892 said:

Is a 9.8 with the special Venom label really going to sell for $2000 more then the basic blue? I mean I know there is 2 days left but it's a long way off the $6500 the Venom label sold for last week. I can't see it jumping $2000.

https://www.comiclink.com/Auctions/search.asp?FocusedOnly=1&where=auctions&title=Amazing+Spider-Man+300&GO=GO&ItemType=CB

Completed auctions are the only things that can be compared.  Prices during an auction and unsold items are useless in these comparisons, unless the price during an auction has already exceeded whatever you're comparing against.  Still, you'd have to see the final price to make any real comparisons.

3 hours ago, Greatwhite said:

Nothing is special about unsold items.  All we know for sure is that the seller is asking too much.  We don't know if it's $1 too much or $5,500 too much... we only know that no one wants to pay that amount.  Asking prices should always be ignored. :foryou:

6 hours ago, valiantman said:

Completed auctions are the only things that can be compared.  Prices during an auction and unsold items are useless in these comparisons, unless the price during an auction has already exceeded whatever you're comparing against.  Still, you'd have to see the final price to make any real comparisons.

I agree that completed auctions are the only things that can be compared, but 2k is a long way off with 48hrs to go

3 minutes ago, Hollywood1892 said:
7 hours ago, valiantman said:

I agree that completed auctions are the only things that can be compared, but 2k is a long way off with 48hrs to go

Not really.  There's literally no reason to ever place an early bid on an auction.  You give all your competitors time to think about outbidding you.  If you really want something, bid as high as you're willing to go in the last few seconds.  Never bid early.

On 4/5/2021 at 7:34 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

You need to take a break from your 24hr ASM 300 surveillance.....:baiting:

18hrs left 

Get your ASM 300 9.8 on the cheap!

https://www.comiclink.com/auctions/item.asp?back=%2FAUCTIONS%2FSEARCH.ASP%3FFocusedOnly%3D1%26where%3Dauctions%26title%3DAmazing%2BSpider-Man%2B300%26GO%3DGO%26ItemType%3DCB%23Item_1466189&id=1466189&itemType=0

Edited by Hollywood1892
Forgot to add the link

On 4/5/2021 at 4:23 PM, Hollywood1892 said:

If you think that Spidey 300 sitting at close to $5K is a long way off, I can't imagine how you would feel if you was the consignor of some of those GA, SA, and BA books on the CC auction site that's still sitting with single digit dollar bids or still awaiting their first bid with less than a week left in their big Event Auction.  :fear:  :cry:

And yet, if you are patient everything usually turns out alright by the time it's all said and done.  :taptaptap:  (thumbsu