• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ASM 300 heating up
8 8

1,679 posts in this topic

52 minutes ago, Hollywood1892 said:

I can't believe it

An ASM 300 9.8 sold on Ebay tonight for almost $7000...I'm astonished...definitely a bidding war in those last 5 seconds. I'm not sure what happened but it went up $1100 in seconds...

Still got room to grow.  About $539 :baiting:

2 hours ago, jjonahjameson11 said:

300 in 9.8 is going nuts again.  As I mentioned previously in this thread, time to buy some sharp looking 9.6's that have a shot of being re-graded as 9.8's.  

Then again, I see the 9.6's are experiencing an uptick again.  What's a fella to do?  (shrug)

Sell! 

It's definitely not a buyers market, but then again it doesn't make sense to sell and not reinvest, but you can't reinvest the money in anything cus prices are ridiculous 

5 hours ago, Hollywood1892 said:

Sell! 

It's definitely not a buyers market, but then again it doesn't make sense to sell and not reinvest, but you can't reinvest the money in anything cus prices are ridiculous 

Exactly! Got a good handful of books including an ASM300 that I see hitting amazing prices. I feel foolish not cashing in but the only reason I’d do it would be for an opportunity to put towards a key I’ve always wanted. But the keys are just as crazy....

Ive been hanging on making that decision, waiting for the comics shows to start up again and wondering if they will be a place where a good deal/opportunity can be found in person.

11 hours ago, MV said:

There's a shop near me with a 9.4 for sale. Any idea what the going price is? (i don't think they have updated the price in the past year or so)

If they haven't updated the price in over a year, whatever they are asking is probably a good deal. Last ebay sales were 1300-1550. More if it's a newsstand.

Edited by buckycap

It’s got absolutely everything going for it. 
First appearance from an iconic villain. 
Iconic cover from iconic artist 

great storyline. 

it’s as close to a certainty as you can get that it’s only going to go up in value.
Regardless, I’d never sell or slab mine as I still live reading it and appreciating the masterpiece it is 

5 hours ago, Hollywood1892 said:

"Comic Link :: Search Results for Amazing Spider-Man 300 9.8 Comic Books For Sale and Auction" https://www.comiclink.com/Auctions/search.asp?FocusedOnly=1&where=auctions&title=Amazing+Spider-Man+300+9.8+&GO=GO&ItemType=CB

The white pages has surpassed the special label

Last 9.8 W sold for $6900?

We gonna see a $7k sale?

6 minutes ago, THE_BEYONDER said:

Last 9.8 W sold for $6900?

We gonna see a $7k sale?

Maybe. Might have knocked on the door, then ding dong ditched. Prices are overdue for a cooling period. I believe I see it happening with IH181