• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ASM 300 heating up
8 8

1,679 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, THE_BEYONDER said:

I imagine a large number of the specs will attempt to unload at the 10k mark. Will the market be flooded with 9.8s when that happens?  We’ll just have to wait and see. :popcorn:

Well, 10k might only be a few days away so we probably won't have to wait long to see how this shakes out.

1 hour ago, Vince G said:

Exactly.  The velocity has been mind boggling with respect to some of these books.  So here’s the question… when are we done?  I mean, at some point, I’d think the money that’s pouring in would have to slow down.  The 300 sat at around 2k for the longest time then boom - now selling for 4-5x that amount.  Does it hit 10k, then 20k, etc?  Considering there are so many 9.8s on the census, when does everybody who wants one owns one, regardless of how much they have to pay?  It’s questions such as these that have me perplexed right now.

I’m not being cheeky, but I don’t think you’re asking the right questions, and that’s mainly due to (IMHO), shaky assumptions about this book.

2 minutes ago, jjonahjameson11 said:

I’m not being cheeky, but I don’t think you’re asking the right questions, and that’s mainly due to (IMHO), shaky assumptions about this book.

I'm all for expanding on the discussion.  I'm trying to make sense of this run-up so anything you can provide would help me out greatly. 

Well, 10k might only be a few days away so we probably won't have to wait long to see how this shakes out.

No doubt.   There’s a copy on EBay with BIN/BO $9500 ( it was listed at $8050 the same day as the last $8500 sale, but was quickly bumped up) that should set things up for the big 10k breaker.

089CE4A6-EBFA-4542-A935-24588AD90EC9.jpeg

Edited by THE_BEYONDER

3 minutes ago, THE_BEYONDER said:

No doubt.   There’s a copy on EBay with BIN/BO $9500 ( it was listed at $8050 the same day as the last $8500 sale, but was quickly bumped up) that should set things up for the big 10k breaker.

089CE4A6-EBFA-4542-A935-24588AD90EC9.jpeg

Oy, yeah.  Saw that.  Ok, so who's plunking down the amount you can put down on a new car for an ASM 300?

I'm all for expanding on the discussion.  I'm trying to make sense of this run-up so anything you can provide would help me out greatly. 

Sure, ive spoken about it in this thread numerous times and i don't want to sound like a broken record so look for my posts

I'm gonna make this statement to prove I'm right months from now...

Amazing Spiderman 300 CGC 9.8 (regular copy) will not break $10K before July 4th:sumo:.

Too many copies popping up lately.  The concept of supply/demand will step in.

***Plus $10K is a mental ceiling

So since we have seen the difference between OW/W vs W, or Special Venom label vs Regular label, when are bindary defect 9.8s going to start selling for less then crisp spine no bindary defects, because the Bindary defect is notorious with this book, does someone want to pay 10k for a 9.8 with a bindary defect?

1 hour ago, AnthonyTheAbyss said:

Amazing Spiderman 300 CGC 9.8 (regular copy) will not break $10K before July 4th:sumo:.

I say you’ll be proven wrong in less than 30 days :popcorn:

49 minutes ago, THE_BEYONDER said:

Just to make it interesting...

If it reaches $10K by 06/10/21...I will PayPal you the amount to purchase two movie tickets to see the upcoming Venom movie ($28:popcorn:).  Bring back up this post if I forget.

***Must post pic of ticket stubs afterwards

2 hours ago, AnthonyTheAbyss said:

Yeah I suspect this is closer to accurate. There's still a ways to go before it gets to 10k. But not too long I don't think. 

4 minutes ago, AnthonyTheAbyss said:

If it reaches $10K by 06/10/21...I will PayPal you the amount to purchase two movie tickets to see the upcoming Venom movie ($28:popcorn:).  Bring back up this post if I forget.

Could he use it to buy a box of wine instead?

Just now, AnthonyTheAbyss said:

LOL no, gotta stay within the parameters of this thread...Venom movie.

***I don't want to be responsible for him becoming a drunk

But, but thats just cruel

8 hours ago, THE_BEYONDER said:

7 hours ago, AnthonyTheAbyss said:

Is that 10k USD or CDN?

Looks like someone is going to see the new venom movie....on their Cineplex App cus, well sadly there is no such things as movie theaters in Canada.....nothing is open:sorry:

5 hours ago, Hollywood1892 said:

Is that 10k USD or CDN?

Looks like someone is going to see the new venom movie....on their Cineplex App cus, well sadly there is no such things as movie theaters in Canada.....nothing is open:sorry:

USD of course.  Just assume everything I say is non-Canada.  Only Canadian things I recognize are Wayne Gretzky, Pamela Anderson, maple syrup, Canadian Bacon, and Tie Domilol

***He's basically Wolverine on a pair of skates

Edited by AnthonyTheAbyss
bad grammar

29 minutes ago, AnthonyTheAbyss said:

USD of course.  Just assume everything I say is non-Canada.  Only Canadian things I recognize are Wayne Gretzky, Pamela Anderson, maple syrup, Canadian Bacon, and Tie Domilol

I pretty much agree with everything you just said

1 hour ago, AnthonyTheAbyss said:

No Shania Twain? Or Shatner!?!?

giphy.gif