• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ASM 300 heating up
8 8

1,679 posts in this topic

On 10/4/2022 at 6:09 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Lol I think he meant halfway catching up through the thread 🧵

Made me wonder what I've posted, as I've let y'all have at it. :headbang:

No.  He said he had about 45 copies.

Which is a little over halfway to 80

On 10/4/2022 at 2:02 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

So no vested interest:insane:

not commenting on j in particular, but it's easy to overlook the fact that so many of us on the boards have our biases depending on whether or not we own copies of a book. if we do, we want values to increase and we are resistant to possible news that our book's value is declining. and if we're in the market to buy, of course we want prices to tank so we can get it at a better price.

i try to base my views in reality but i am well aware that i am very biased too. 

On 10/5/2022 at 11:04 AM, alexgross.com said:

not commenting on j in particular, but it's easy to overlook the fact that so many of us on the boards have our biases depending on whether or not we own copies of a book. if we do, we want values to increase and we are resistant to possible news that our book's value is declining. and if we're in the market to buy, of course we want prices to tank so we can get it at a better price.

i try to base my views in reality but i am well aware that i am very biased too. 

I own slabs I’d obviously like to see go up in value.  The difference is...I don’t go cheerleading those books all over the forum.

On 10/2/2022 at 1:12 PM, jjonahjameson11 said:

whike we’re on the topic of McFarlane, has anyone else noticed how difficult it’s become to find the Spawn/Batman one-shot from the mid-90’s?

That book has been getting pushed everywhere on social media, plus McFarlane signing, and new Spawn/Batman one shot in December from McFarlane.

On 10/5/2022 at 12:04 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

I own slabs I’d obviously like to see go up in value.  The difference is...I don’t go cheerleading those books all over the forum.

I actually go out of my way to disparage Copper books i own in 9.8 in effect "I don't want to join any club that would have me as member" 

As part of my Job I have taken a boatload of courses and seminars on various Bias' the last 10 years and I can you that any human that say they don't have them is lying. Financial based biases are some of the most difficult to overcome and are highly prevalent in society.  They also attract the most Venom (pun intended) when any counter point is given.

On 10/5/2022 at 2:07 PM, darkstar said:

That book has been getting pushed everywhere on social media, plus McFarlane signing, and new Spawn/Batman one shot in December from McFarlane.

My buddy will be submitting all 9.8 candidates over the next 2 months from his 2 long boxes. However he will be doing it Modern Service Level so my guess it will have already cooled by then.   He offered to give me a few copies of my choice to do a review prior to submission for him but honesty the book means nothing to me and my free time now is scarce so I'll probably pass.  

Last time I did the work on book for him like that he decided to sell them raw at 50% FMV to a client of his. Probably a smart move given it was cash.  

Edited by MAR1979

On 10/5/2022 at 12:04 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

So, no vested interest from me nor cheerleading for ASM 300, 129, 237, etc or any other books which I own multiples of.

As for vested interests and/or self interest, I would have pumped and dumped a year ago.  Instead, I continue to purchase additional copies of these books

On 10/5/2022 at 2:19 PM, MAR1979 said:

I actually go out of my way to disparage Copper books i own in 9.8 in effect "I don't want to join any club that would have me as member" 

As part of my Job I have taken a boatload of courses and seminars on various Bias' the last 10 years and I can you that any human that say they don't have them is lying. Financial based biases are some of the most difficult to overcome and are highly prevalent in society.  They also attract the most Venom (pun intended) when any counter point is given.

I don't even think it's lying. People just don't understand the meaning of the term. They can tell you a basic definition, but they don't understand its full implications.

Bias also has an unnecessary negative connotation. We can't function without biases.

On 12/19/2022 at 1:23 AM, D2 said:

Man, you guys love this book eh

How many copies does the average ASM 300 lover own?

Feels like 50

With the current census population pretty much everyone in the world could have 50 :)

BTW  a 9.8w sold on these forums today for $3800.  

Do know while success is no longer ensured as it was in 2020-early 2022, it won't stop market manipulators from trying, so take every 4.5K range sale with a grain of salt.  They know what we know, the supply side of the equation requires constant HUGE demand to prevent a free-fall on this book.  The bear is hungry folks only time will tell how large its meal grows!

Bare necessities of grizzlies' diet revealed | Research ...

Edited by MAR1979

On 12/19/2022 at 10:18 PM, MAR1979 said:

With the current census population pretty much everyone in the world could have 50 :)

BTW  a 9.8w sold on these forums today for $3800.  

Do know while is success is no longer ensured as it was in 2020-early 2022, it won't stop market manipulators from trying so take every 4.5K range sale with a grain of salt.  They know what we know, the supply side of the equation requires constant HUGE demand to prevent a free-fall on this book.  The bear is hungry folks only time will tell how large its meal grows!

Bare necessities of grizzlies' diet revealed | Research ...

I feel like it’s the same people buying Hulk 340s

Given the very fluid and constantly new breaking events detailed in;

Those that paid 5k, 10k or more for any ASM 300 version may not have what they think they have :(

Coupled with the depressed Comic Book Market there is no sugar coating that its highly plausible ASM300 will drop below 2019 FMV's, perhaps even below 2017-18 levels. Especially 9.8's Newsstands + Mark Jewelers in 3rd (current) Gen slabs. 

As of this writing no 2nd gen CGC slabs are known to be affected, however as mentioned the situation is highly fluid with more and more being uncovered every couple of hours.  It's possible when all is said and done only 1st gen slabs may be unaffected? Hope though is very much alive that ZERO evidence will be found for non 3rd gen slabs!

Given current events any residual Dopamine rush for Comic's like ASM 194,238,252,300 especially in 9.8 is now gone.

P.S. At least on ASM300, but not on Hulk 181 due to MVS, those in the "Buy the Book, Not the Label" crowd (like me) likely were not stung.

Edited by MAR1979

On 12/27/2023 at 12:57 PM, MAR1979 said:

Given the very fluid and constantly new breaking events detailed in;

Those that paid 5k, 10k or more for any ASM 300 version may not have what they think they have :(

Coupled with the depressed Comic Book Market there is no sugar coating that its highly plausible ASM300 will drop below 2019 FMV's, perhaps even below 2017-18 levels. Especially 9.8's Newsstands + Mark Jewelers in 3rd (current) Gen slabs. 

As of this writing no 2nd gen CGC slabs are known to be affected, however as mentioned the situation is highly fluid with more and more being uncovered every couple of hours.  It's possible when all is said and done only 1st gen slabs may be unaffected? Hope though is very much alive that ZERO evidence will be found for non 3rd gen slabs!

Given current events any residual Dopamine rush for Comic's like ASM 194,238,252,300 especially in 9.8 is now gone.

P.S. At least on ASM300, but not on Hulk 181 due to MVS, those in the "Buy the Book, Not the Label" crowd (like me) likely were not stung.

I get it that every fourth post in this thread is yours, but there are more interesting - and way more plausible - ways to bring a thread forward that is back on page 6 or seven, or whatever. 😂😂😂

Edited by bluehorseshoe

On 1/10/2024 at 1:17 PM, Noodlez said:

What were the print runs (or estimated number)  on the direct and the newsstand? 

Can’t confirm newsstands as most were returned and destroyed if not purchased? hm