• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ASM 300 heating up
8 8

1,679 posts in this topic

Based on recent sales this weekend, it seems as though prices continue to maintain or strengthen upon recent gains:

CGC 9.8 Blue Label, Direct

• Oct 2 = $4.9K
  • Oct 3 = $5.2K
  • Oct 3 = $4K

CGC 9.6 Blue Label, Direct

• Oct 3 = $1475 (2 sales @ this price on the same day)
  • Sep 30 = $1.5K

CGC 9.4 Blue Label, Direct

• Oct 1 = $850
  • Oct 2 = $810

9 hours ago, Crushingame said:

Seen it. It’s “Amazing”. How long have you been at that particular project?

Good question.  

I kept about a dozen copies of my original 80 copy purchase from 1988, and I would say that I made my decision to purchase 68 more copies sometime in June 2019.

early in my purchasing, I was picking up 9.2’s, 9.4’s, but I quickly became more selective and   I’ve focused on 9.6’s and 9.8’s, especially those with deep red front cover colours...it really makes the book stand out.

14 hours ago, jjonahjameson11 said:

Good question.  

I kept about a dozen copies of my original 80 copy purchase from 1988, and I would say that I made my decision to purchase 68 more copies sometime in June 2019.

early in my purchasing, I was picking up 9.2’s, 9.4’s, but I quickly became more selective and   I’ve focused on 9.6’s and 9.8’s, especially those with deep red front cover colours...it really makes the book stand out.

Interesting. Don’t think I’m interrogating you or anything lol just curious.

Back then...you ended up with only 12 remaining from the original 80. Why did you stop at that number (12)? You sold/traded  the rest of the 68 copies? All raw copies correct? Did you send them for grading eventually yourself or did you start from scratch buying them graded?

Sorry for the questions lol. Just interesting to talk about and plus I have no life really lol.

35 minutes ago, Crushingame said:

Interesting. Don’t think I’m interrogating you or anything lol just curious.

Back then...you ended up with only 12 remaining from the original 80. Why did you stop at that number (12)? You sold/traded  the rest of the 68 copies? All raw copies correct? Did you send them for grading eventually yourself or did you start from scratch buying them graded?

Sorry for the questions lol. Just interesting to talk about and plus I have no life really lol.

I sold what I needed in order to raise some funds for University.  This was all prior to the formation of CGC

2 hours ago, SBRobin said:

Can't believe I sold my SS (Michelinie) 9.6 for a high bid of $620 last fall after holding onto it for 30 years. So dumb. 

Seems like a fair price for back then no?

But yea I feel ya. Regrets suck sometimes. 

12 hours ago, SBRobin said:

Can't believe I sold my SS (Michelinie) 9.6 for a high bid of $620 last fall after holding onto it for 30 years. So dumb. 

Don't feel bad $620 is pretty good. I had three raw copies, slabbed them and sold two 9.6s for $200 each back in 2004.

The third copy is a 9.8 which I still have and I don't plan to sell it.

Edited by Chaos_in_Canada

I’m pretty bored and thought I’d share a few recent freebay auctions and completed sales. 

CGC 9.8 Newsstand

Is this pretty much now close to being a $5K  book? Jesus that’s crazy! Lol

Also curious to see what that 9.4 goes for.

35BBDDA7-7E46-41C9-AB75-5EA85D70799C.png

E5E6D0CA-0485-497E-A235-F9ED562068BE.jpeg

A83AFA4A-BCA7-4F51-A0EA-650864E4A515.jpeg

Edited by Crushingame

A 9.6 went for an astounding $2,550 with 47 bids - that's a bit of an anomaly most likely due to the fact that it's a 9.6 in a really old CGC slab, so the winner is surely hoping to press and regrade into a 9.8. But it's amazing to look at sales in all grades and how this still continues to climb - not just in Buy It Now sales, but in auctions with a high number of bids.

7 hours ago, Jesse-Lee said:

A 9.6 went for an astounding $2,550 with 47 bids - that's a bit of an anomaly most likely due to the fact that it's a 9.6 in a really old CGC slab, so the winner is surely hoping to press and regrade into a 9.8. But it's amazing to look at sales in all grades and how this still continues to climb - not just in Buy It Now sales, but in auctions with a high number of bids.

I was eyeing that copy and thinking the exact same thing, but at $2.55K, its a pricey gamble.

Another copy sold for $1.6K on Oct 8, which is another strong result

Several strong sales of 9.4's this past week lead me to believe this book will see steady sales at $1K in the next few weeks.

1 hour ago, jjonahjameson11 said:

I was eyeing that copy and thinking the exact same thing, but at $2.55K, its a pricey gamble.

Another copy sold for $1.6K on Oct 8, which is another strong result

Several strong sales of 9.4's this past week lead me to believe this book will see steady sales at $1K in the next few weeks.

There’s actually a 9.4 at 900 so far with about a day left...

it’s a NEWSSTAND copy