• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ASM 300 heating up
8 8

1,679 posts in this topic

Also, I feel anyone invested will want to preserve prices, not offer for sale but to get the best price, no matter whether they hold a Newsstand or direct

It's a twist

And a conundrum 

8 minutes ago, Crushingame said:

Buy now or forever hold your piece. 

I wonder where most sales come from regarding ASM 300

millennials or old school ?

I agree, and I know that no boardies are going to inflate anything so I wouldn't myself want to insinuate anything; and at the same time this running towards not being able to get these at usual prices 

Just eek! :eek:

so much to think about doh!

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

9 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I think he just means so far prices are rising, not that any shenanigans gave taken place, yet

I'll admit I thought about Jameson needing more copies to get to 80 copies, but I'm sure he is on the level, I'm positive of that;however, if the prices do stick, I hope hes able to get them cheaper rather than later

On the level?

There is absolutely nothing illegal or even ethically wrong with buying a book at an inflated price to push the FMV up. 

Honestly, why would you even say that there was shenanigans and then implying that I was subliminally or passively aggressive saying that it might be a board member?

Edited by Hollywood1892

3 minutes ago, Hollywood1892 said:

On the level?

There is absolutely nothing illegal or even ethically wrong with buying a book at an inflated price to push the FMV up. 

Honestly, why would you even say that there was shenanigans and then implying that I was subliminally or passively aggressive saying that it might be a board member?

Didn't say that at all

16 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I think he just means so far prices are rising, not that any shenanigans gave taken place, yet

I'll admit I thought about Jameson needing more copies to get to 80 copies, but I'm sure he is on the level, I'm positive of that;however, if the prices do stick, I hope hes able to get them cheaper rather than later

This

I was saying something that got lost in translation 

You said buying all copies at this price by one buyer, would cement the fmv

That's what you said

What I said was that Jameson needs 80 copies

I wasnt insinuating either other than using that as an innocent example that someone could buy all of them before price goes up

If someone did that with bad intent that would be shenanigans but I was explaining myself how it could be lost in the shuffle

It's just a discussion @Hollywood1892 nothing more please dont think after I said I'm not that I am somehow calling anyone out

It has come to my attention that when I used the word shenanigans

I meant it as mischief or funnin around taking a gamble

But the definition means dishonest, that's why I tried to clarify

No boardie, would have I'll intent but I can see how it could be innocently done without knowing is what I meant lol

I hope goal oriented people who have long term goals accomplish them cheap, but I didn't want anyone thrown under the bus 

Lol I'm a ignorant lol

Screenshot_20201011-220601.png

Anyone buying these books at a over price of say $2500 USD would push the FMV, even if only 4 or 5 copies were bought it would push the FMV on every existing copy and then slowly the price would continue to rise, and that's why we see the FMV where it is today.

Shrewd would be a better term then Shenanigans 

The only way anyone would be angry is if they don't have a ASM 300 yet

Hence

My only disappointment is that I didn't buy that sig series 9.8 selling on the boards for $2800 a few months ago

Edited by Hollywood1892

1 minute ago, Hollywood1892 said:

Anyone buying these books at a over price of say $2500 USD would push the FMV, even if only 4 or 5 copies were bought it would push the FMV on every existing copy and then slowly the price would continue to rise, and that's why we see the FMV where it is today.

Shrewd would be a better term then Shenanigans 

True, and someone will by them, so Jameson should (that was my own thought not yours, cause you didn't insinuate anything lik it (thumbsu

I just didn't want someone who is respected to be thrown under the bus because he should buy now if just to get them cheaper, but to some if the "intent was only to prop up values for future sale" that could be considered shrewd or cut throat lol

I didn't mean to say that you were saying anything bad, I just tried to Express a deep thought that I had already considered about the market, that's my bad for putting it in thoughtless text. Lol 

4 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

It has come to my attention that when I used the word shenanigans

I meant it as mischief or funnin around taking a gamble

But the definition means dishonest, that's why I tried to clarify

No boardie, would have I'll intent but I can see how it could be innocently done without knowing is what I meant lol

I hope goal oriented people who have long term goals accomplish them cheap, but I didn't want anyone thrown under the bus 

Lol I'm a ignorant lol

I read it like this, I didn't think you were implying anything - I think it just got lost in translation. Honestly, this book has been outpacing FMV for weeks or more now, almost to the point where I want to call "shenanigans" on places like GoCollect who haven't significantly updated their FMV listings in a while. When I bought mine (an 8.5) on 9/16, FMV was listed at $350 and I paid $380. But prices haven't been that low in a long time, and if you look at 8.5 specifically, they probably shouldn't have even been that low then. There were 8.5 sales of blue label CGCs of $455 on 9/6, $475 on 9/5, $478 on 9/4, etc. It seems I just got lucky, right place at the right time.

Now though, there's a 2.5 (!) for a BIN of $250... If that one sells I think it's really an indication of the fact that people really want to own this book in any way they can. But for some reason I also see that listing as "jumping the shark" a bit somehow (sorry if it belongs to someone on here, and hey, get your money).

6 minutes ago, Jesse-Lee said:

I read it like this, I didn't think you were implying anything - I think it just got lost in translation. Honestly, this book has been outpacing FMV for weeks or more now, almost to the point where I want to call "shenanigans" on places like GoCollect who haven't significantly updated their FMV listings in a while. When I bought mine (an 8.5) on 9/16, FMV was listed at $350 and I paid $380. But prices haven't been that low in a long time, and if you look at 8.5 specifically, they probably shouldn't have even been that low then. There were 8.5 sales of blue label CGCs of $455 on 9/6, $475 on 9/5, $478 on 9/4, etc. It seems I just got lucky, right place at the right time.

Now though, there's a 2.5 (!) for a BIN of $250... If that one sells I think it's really an indication of the fact that people really want to own this book in any way they can. But for some reason I also see that listing as "jumping the shark" a bit somehow (sorry if it belongs to someone on here, and hey, get your money).

True and if anyone did want to prop up values in 9.8, I just meant that with fewer available for sale, that it's easier to do today than 2 months ago

And I didn't want Jameson to be thrown under the bus, cause he needs to buy now to meet his goal cheaper 

But that was a personal thought that doesnt work well in text form, and I probably should have kept my mouth shut lol

3 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

True and if anyone did want to prop up values in 9.8, I just meant that with fewer available for sale, that it's easier to do today than 2 months ago

And I didn't want Jameson to be thrown under the bus, cause he needs to buy now to meet his goal cheaper 

But that was a personal thought that doesnt work well in text form, and I probably should have kept my mouth shut lol

You didn't mean anything by it, and I don't want to get into a debate about semantics!

lol

3 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Very true - and I hope he's able to reach his goal - I really do think this is a unique book along the lines of a Hulk 181 and I'll hold to that. But the fact is that all grades are seeing increases and I don't think that can be explained by the fact that 9.8s are moving higher. Partially explained, sure - once 9.8 becomes unattainable for the general collector, they move to 9.6/9.4 and then those start to balloon. But the fact remains that this book is seeing an explosion in all grades that is a little crazy.

7 minutes ago, Jesse-Lee said:

Very true - and I hope he's able to reach his goal - I really do think this is a unique book along the lines of a Hulk 181 and I'll hold to that. But the fact is that all grades are seeing increases and I don't think that can be explained by the fact that 9.8s are moving higher. Partially explained, sure - once 9.8 becomes unattainable for the general collector, they move to 9.6/9.4 and then those start to balloon. But the fact remains that this book is seeing an explosion in all grades that is a little crazy.

And I'm not sure there is anything immoral about propping a book, it could be looked at as just business 

But I'm a little guy and can empathize lol

I'd feel guilty for some odd reason if I was accused of it

I can see how it could innocently be perceived as such but hey if you love the book, you love the book!

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

1 hour ago, Jesse-Lee said:

Just so I'm clear, I believe this book is a long term hold that has the potential to be a Hulk 181 type of book in its desirability, collectability and ultimately value. However, we're getting to a point on eBay and other sites where supply is starting to outpace demand. I don't think this upward trend can or will continue in the short term - I think prices will start to stabilize and maybe even dip a bit soon. I think it'll bounce back in the long term, but I think @jjonahjameson11 had it right a few posts back when talking about the plateaus and rebounds.

I agree this book fits into the categories of 

IH 181

ASM 129

and arguably 

ASM 101

and 

WWBN 32

It just hasn't hit those numbers yet

And imagine its grading numbers were as low as those other books, guaranteed if that was the case it would be at those numbers now

Edited by Hollywood1892

1 minute ago, Hollywood1892 said:

I agree this book fits into the categories of 

IH 181

ASM 129

and arguably 

ASM 101

and 

WWBN 32

No doubt, it's maybe third or fourth in the age of copper, tmnt being numero uno, but I would think with the current issues of venom being popular that ASM#300 is easily cemented into the near future as a sought after book (thumbsu