• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ASM 300 heating up
8 8

1,679 posts in this topic

11 minutes ago, bluehorseshoe said:

Sounds like a plan.  Paying more for something later, even though the price keeps going up because of demand, not rarity, makes really super good sense. :whatev:

:popcorn: How much more are we looking at? Since it is at 5K, are we talking 10K?

4 minutes ago, bluehorseshoe said:

Is this a serious question?

Well, think about it, average Joe has 5K cash/reserve laying around these days? Do we honestly think it would be a wise investment charging this thing to a credit card and making payments on it? Most do.

I am at an age where need vs. want has to be considered. I am not going to pay that much for a book, even if it goes up in value for the time being, or a speculated long term.

I just don't want to buy something, and then it looses value as the years go by, thinking w-t-heck did I buy this during a hype, when I should have waited.

5 minutes ago, BigLeagueCHEW said:

Well, think about it, average Joe has 5K cash/reserve laying around these days? Do we honestly think it would be a wise investment charging this thing to a credit card and making payments on it? Most do.

I am at an age where need vs. want has to be considered. I am not going to pay that much for a book, even if it goes up in value for the time being, or a speculated long term.

I just don't want to buy something, and then it looses value as the years go by, thinking w-t-heck did I buy this during a hype, when I should have waited.

Big question will be when the unemployment and stimulus money runs out. I don't see it crashing, but pulling back to $3000-3500 is not out of the question.

But, no one knows. As always, the market will decide

13 minutes ago, Hulksdaddy1 said:

Big question will be when the unemployment and stimulus money runs out. I don't see it crashing, but pulling back to $3000-3500 is not out of the question.

Exactly (thumbsu

2 hours ago, Hulksdaddy1 said:

Based upon current price, a pullback to $3K-$3.5K is a 30-40% drop and IS a crash!

Edited by jjonahjameson11

15 minutes ago, jjonahjameson11 said:

Based upon current price, a pullback to $3K-$3.5K is a 30-40% drop and IS a crash!

Maybe, but when you look at it another way:

1. It's not a $5k book. It's $4400-4500. A few outliers got up that high.

2. Dropping to $3500 is a 20% drop. Bad, but... 

3. It was literally a $2k book less than a year ago. A 20% drop would be called a correction. IMO.

Books that go up that fast usually peak, then settle at a lower number. Everything throttles back. Luckily, if they're solid, they tend to slowly gain from there. 

Of course, I'm probably wrong, and hope I am. Got quite a few of them! lol

Edited by Hulksdaddy1

3 minutes ago, Hulksdaddy1 said:

Maybe, but when you look at it another way:

1. It's not a $5k book. It's $4400-4500. A few outliers got up that high.

2. Dropping to $3500 is a 20% drop. Bad, but... 

3. It was literally a $2k book less than a year ago. A 20% drop would be called a correction. IMO.

Books that go up that fast usually peak, then settle at a lower number. Everything throttles back. Luckily, if they're solid, they tend to slowly gain from there. 

Of course, I'm probably wrong, and hope I am. Got quite a few of them! lol

You are correct...you are wrong

5 hours ago, BigLeagueCHEW said:

I...I think you might be in the wrong thread, forum, message board, collectible market, planet.  I don’t know of anything else to say to you.

8 hours ago, bluehorseshoe said:
9 hours ago, BigLeagueCHEW said:

:popcorn: How much more are we looking at? Since it is at 5K, are we talking 10K?

Is this a serious question?

Yes in deed, why in the world would you even think of selling it for a measly $5K when you can get at least $15K or possibly even more for the book now:  :insane:

On 11/27/2020 at 8:55 PM, BigLeagueCHEW said:

Did the damn thing just sell?

5D7E0A10-8B14-47DA-AA2C-7302CB9742EF.jpeg

On 11/27/2020 at 10:11 PM, jjfversion1 said:

Looks like they took a best offer of 15k :whatthe: 

And for any fool willing to pay that kind of money for this seemingly almost "common as dirt" book  :takeit:..............the money, that is.  :whee:  :banana:

Been away for awhile. I bought an ASM 300 Green label 9.8 for $1500 last Spring and the price of this issue jumped so high so fast that a blue label is now out of my reach. I also bought, at the same time, ASM 361 9.8 as I anticipated an increase due to Carnage being the antagonist in the next Venom movie. I paid $261 for it just last April. It is now selling on eBay for over $1000. That is an exorbitant increase...

On 2/9/2021 at 3:04 PM, BigLeagueCHEW said:

I don't think Venom is hype

Sleeper is hype