• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ASM 300 heating up
8 8

1,679 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Lorne Malvo said:

Don't mean to derail the thread but 301 is slowly creeping up. Last sale on ebay was $2,150.

300 and 301 looks really nice side by side. 

image.thumb.png.a9d7678dc0afa0b5441215b453fb5d7e.png

I'm appreciative of the thought and the post! :headbang:

I've got a lowly 9.6, but it was a gift and I'm sure thankful for it  :tink:

Will be nice to see if the hard in 9.8 results in lowers rising :wishluck: and "how" as I wouldnt be too familiar with that progression haha

1 hour ago, Hollywood1892 said:

301 value is purely because of the cover in my opinion 

301 is noted as a classic cover in overstreet, but 50, 100, 121, 129, and 300 are not.

it makes no sense whatsoever to me, until you realize that a major dealer (and Sr Overstreet advisor) in the comics market personally owns the original cover art to ASM 301.  The other ASM covers that I noted are significantly more ‘classic’ than the 301 so I can only speculate that there was some influence in identifying ASM 301 as a ‘classic’ cover.

2 minutes ago, jjonahjameson11 said:

301 is noted as a classic cover in overstreet, but 50, 100, 121, 129, and 300 are not.

it makes no sense whatsoever to me, until you realize that a major dealer (and Sr Overstreet advisor) in the comics market personally owns the original cover art to ASM 301.  The other ASM covers that I noted are significantly more ‘classic’ than the 301 so I can only speculate that there was some influence in identifying ASM 301 as a ‘classic’ cover.

I definitely disagree with Overstreet on that one

50 has to be one of the most iconic covers ever, in all of comics, and 300 despite the similarities to 301 is 10 times the cover of 301...301 has a white background to spidey, but the #300 in the back ground spread across the page is far more appealing. The 129 cover is one of the best Spidey covers too....

Overstreet opinion on the book is definitely influenced.

45 minutes ago, jjonahjameson11 said:

Of course there's "influence" 

Best way to combat this is by not buying into the BS 

Unfortunately there aren't as many discerning collectors out there.

18 hours ago, BigLeagueCHEW said:

Isn’t 301 a lazy 300 just a color change :facepalm:

Yeah that's a valid point. I think they made a mistake not putting Venom on the cover of 300. They should have had the cover of 300 with the cityscape background on 301 with the red & blue costume.  

On 5/1/2021 at 4:58 PM, MGsimba77 said:

Yeah that's a valid point. I think they made a mistake not putting Venom on the cover of 300. They should have had the cover of 300 with the cityscape background on 301 with the red & blue costume.  

Hindsight.  They made the right decision for the 300 cover.  It was a milestone 300 issue and nobody knew Venom would become iconic.  It also turned out to be one of the most copied cover ever.

***Having said that, if McFarlane did the 316 cover for issue 300 it would have been pretty cool