CATRICKS QUARNUCOPIA IS CLOSED!
4 4

137 posts in this topic

Howdy  Gang!

Closing in  on  100  days  of  voluntary  quarantine,   and no  end  in sight.   Cat and  I  are  locked down  through  AT LEAST    mid-July, 
and  maybe  beyond.   Michigan is  opening up  fully,  and  on  our  few  trips out  (Pharmacy,  bank,  and  Post Office  for  me, grocery  store for  me  and  Cat)
we're seeing  more  and  more  nitwits  ignoring  social distancing  and   masks.  We're not going anywhere  until  we  see  what  kind of spikes develop
in the Midwest  after  full open.  We've  already  had  two  deaths  among  friends  and  close acquaintances,  and  several  hospitalizations,  including 
a couple  intensive  care  stays.  

We're  staying  put. 

But that  leaves  us  with  a  lot of time  on  our hands.  Cat is  cooking  many  odd  dishes,   with  about  one  success  in  two,  and  every once in  a  while  
something  spectacular.   I'm  doing yardwork,  organizing   books  and  comics,  and  drinking   as much  as is good for me,  lol

HOWEVER!

As  boring as things have  gotten,   I  took  a  little road  trip  the other day  to  a  buddy's house.  He's  older  than me  and  has  emphysema, so  he's 
been  AT LEAST  as  careful  as  I have  been,  so  we  decided  to  chance it,  

I  came  home  with  some   junk,   some  interesting  cheap  stuff,  and  a  few  gems.  I'm  keeping  a  few items,  the rest  are  going up  for  grabs.

Stand by  for  a  few  pulps,  a  handful  of  early  paperbacks,  and  a nice pile  off   Gold  through  Bronze  oddballs

Stand by  for  mixed  grille!

DA RULEZ

I'll put up a big scan of the FC,  note anything else I spot,  and as always,  if you'd like a scan 
of the  back cover I'll be happy to  supply it.

Shipping to USA preferred, but if you want something sent to Canada or overseas PM me 
and we'll work something out. 
 
:TAKEIT:  rules the roost,  but PM's, kibitzing,  and general tomfoolery  are welcome.

$8.50  Priority shipping to the USA for one to  four  books, well packed in a padded  envelope.   
$15 boxed  Priority  for  larger quantities.  Canada or overseas to be determined.

 
CHECK OR MONEY ORDER  PREFERRED, I just plain out don't like paypal.  

If you just GOTTA pay with paypal  PM me and we'll work something out.

Returns for any reason on your dime,  and  for any missed major  flaw or bad description on my dime.

My Kudos thread:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=4287314#Post4287314

Here we go!

Giant Sized  Creatures  #1

First  appearance  Tigra,  formerly   The  Cat

Nice flat  tight  copy,   bit of  general  wear.  White  pages,   good  gloss. 

Asking  $25

jDKdaDE.jpg

 

Edited by catrick339
Link to post
Share on other sites

I know the feeling Rick. Same thing for me. Opening up a little fast out here on the West Coast for me. LA is still pretty careful with masks and social distancing. But Orange County next to me is going nuts. Very few masks and just total disregard for anyone but themselves. Combine that with 2 weeks of MASS demonstrations of young folks without a care in the world is making me a little nervous. You just know very few of them are getting tested. 

Our biggest weekly flea market opens up next weekend. I sold my space and might not even go as a shopper. Dying to go but not figuratively... A lot of the dealers are older folks and word is a lot of them aren’t going to set up. 

I won’t probably sell at another show this year I’m afraid. 

I did the same thing myself this week and got together with an older local shut in guy and picked his garage packed with stuff. Got some cool stuff but was real careful...

Link to post
Share on other sites

(Yawns and stretches)

Well,   Readcomix called it,   lol

Ken Shannon #1

Cover loose,  tape on spine and inside  FC, pieces out  here  and there,  general wear.  Interior is tight with cream - off-white pages. 

Take  a nice  reader for $25

Zaqh3if.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites

How about  a clean  pulp?

Fighting  Western  V4 #2, June 1948

Couple  tears  RH  edge  FC,   otherwise  minor wear  on a flat  clean  copy,  glossy cover,  off-white  pages 

Asking $15  SOLD!

mNIIZHy.jpg

 

Edited by catrick339
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, catrick339 said:

How about  a clean  pulp?

Fighting  Western  V4 #2, June 1948

Couple  tears  RH  edge  FC,   otherwise  minor wear  on a flat  clean  copy,  glossy cover,  off-white  pages 

Asking $15

mNIIZHy.jpg

 

Take

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

I know the feeling Rick. Same thing for me. Opening up a little fast out here on the West Coast for me. LA is still pretty careful with masks and social distancing. But Orange County next to me is going nuts. Very few masks and just total disregard for anyone but themselves. Combine that with 2 weeks of MASS demonstrations of young folks without a care in the world is making me a little nervous. You just know very few of them are getting tested. 

Our biggest weekly flea market opens up next weekend. I sold my space and might not even go as a shopper. Dying to go but not figuratively... A lot of the dealers are older folks and word is a lot of them aren’t going to set up. 

I won’t probably sell at another show this year I’m afraid. 

I did the same thing myself this week and got together with an older local shut in guy and picked his garage packed with stuff. Got some cool stuff but was real careful...

Well you know, if you need your PCH to be safe and sound, I have a real big warehouse that is germ free ;)

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Comcav said:

Well you know, if you need your PCH to be safe and sound, I have a real big warehouse that is germ free ;)

My junk pile is full of vermin. But no covid-19!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Boy Commandos 14

OBOY!  Simon  and  Kirby  Underwater  Pirates!

Water  along spine  BC,   both  staples  rusty  with  some  migration,   rubbing  and  general wear,
Flat  and  tight enough,  cream - off-white pages. 

Decent reader for $15  SOLD!

W2EKPve.jpg

Edited by catrick339
Link to post
Share on other sites

Archie's  Madhouse 46

Flat and tight,  good  gloss,  minor general  wear, off-white  pages

Asking $15  SOLD!

cENx5pU.jpg

Edited by catrick339
Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, catrick339 said:

Boy Commandos 14

OBOY!  Simon  and  Kirby  Underwater  Pirates!

Water  along spine  BC,   both  staples  rusty  with  some  migration,   rubbing  and  general wear,
Flat  and  tight enough,  cream - off-white pages. 

Decent reader for $15

W2EKPve.jpg

:takeit:

Link to post
Share on other sites

Suspense  Detective 2 

This  short lived  series  had  some  great  stories  and nice  art. 

Flat  and tight,  with  small tear  upper  edge FC, long  light  dogear,  sub  type  crease  upper third  FC, small  stain  LH  edge  BC. White  pages, 

Asking  $50

XIBU63R.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites

The Flying  Nun 3

Sally  Field  in  her  BREAKOUT  ROLE!   :D 

Couple tiny  chips off  lower   RH  FC,   bit  of  general  wear,  
Still  flat  and  glossy,  tight spine  and CF,   white pages, 

Asking $10

RdHjgrU.jpg

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Adventures  Into  Terror 12

Well,  this  artifact  is   miscut  about three different  directions,  lol

There is a small   piece  of  tape  on the  cover  lower  spine,  and page  1  has  a  long narrow  strip  torn off  the  outside 
edge,  doesn't touch  the  art.   None of the miscuts  touch  the  art  either,  by  at least  a  quarter inch.  
Otherwise  flat   and  clean  enough,   decent  gloss,   pulled  lower  staple on CF,   white  pages,  

Being  as  it's   still  a  complete  PCH  book  with  some  really interesting  printing   flaws,   I'm  asking  for  something 
approaching  real  money,   

Yours for $70

hcqUtz0.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites

Ace  D-43 Salome,  Mu First  2000 Years  Of  Love

Early  on  in  the  Ace  D  series,  most of which were  doubles,  flip  and  get another  story, 

This one is   tagged  as   Double  Sized Novel. 

Flat,   square,   clean,   tight, off-white pages.   there are two  tiny  stickers  lower  spine,  I  chose  not to try  to  remove  them. 

Asking $20

VV930Ah.jpg

msOrp08.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites

Giant Grab  Bag  Comics  nn

Listed under  Archie  All Star  Specials   at  the  end of  the Archie Comics  listing  in Oerstreet.

Contains  five   complete  rebound  coverless 70's  Archie issues  with  a  full  color  cover,  Interior  of  the covers
is  blank,   Nice  package,  ad  I've only  had  a  couple of them  over the years,   Nice  FC  with  some wear 
on this  copy,  back cover has  long  crease about  an  inch in  from  the  spine,  

Asking $10  for  a  nice  little  oddball  SOLD!

03A2OLB.jpg

Edited by catrick339
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, catrick339 said:

Giant Grab  Bag  Comics  nn

Listed under  Archie  All Star  Specials   at  the  end of  the Archie Comics  listing  in Oerstreet.

Contains  five   complete  rebound  coverless 70's  Archie issues  with  a  full  color  cover,  Interior  of  the covers
is  blank,   Nice  package,  ad  I've only  had  a  couple of them  over the years,   Nice  FC  with  some wear 
on this  copy,  back cover has  long  crease about  an  inch in  from  the  spine,  

Asking $10  for  a  nice  little  oddball

03A2OLB.jpg

:takeit:

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
4 4