• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CATRICKS QUARNUCOPIA IS CLOSED!
4 4

137 posts in this topic

All  right,  time for one  more,

IT'S  UGLY  PULP  TIME!

The Spider,  Master of  Men  V18 #1, June 1939

This  is  one  sorry  ol'  pulp,   Good  sized piece out  FC,   no  BC,   and  a good sized piece out of the last page. Affects  about  three
paragraphs  out  of the Doc  Turner story. 

You're   buying  this  one for  the Spider  story. 

Asking  $15  

kSmtPzc.jpg

p3QfXIL.jpg

All right  kids,   that's  it  for  the  evening,   time  to go get  ready  for  Worst  Cooks  In  America,

I  may  have a  (relativelty)  Early Bird  or  two  tomorrow,   then  back  in  the evening  for more  mixed  grille, 

29 minutes ago, catrick339 said:

All right  kids,   that's  it  for  the  evening,   time  to go get  ready  for  Worst  Cooks  In  America,

I  may  have a  (relativelty)  Early Bird  or  two  tomorrow,   then  back  in  the evening  for more  mixed  grille, 

Johnny Bananas for the win!

G'morning! 

Here's  a  couple  to  tide  you  over  until  this  evening.

Young  Love 123

Bit  of  spine roll,   touch  of  general  wear,  large   light  dogears. Tight,  glossy,   white pages, 

Asking $10

zQfY3Qz.jpg

After Dark 8

Another obscure  title  from  the 50's,   I  don't recall  seeing  this  one  before.  Third  of  only  three   issues  published
Small  corner  off  lower   RH  FC,  plenty  of  general  wear,   couple  tears along  spine,   Cover  still  firmly  attached  
in spite  of  the  tears,    interior  is  tight  with  white  pages.   Several tiny  tears  along outside  edge of  the interior.
Mike Sekowsky  art

Asking $15

We7rhMP.jpg

G'devening!

Here's one to tide  you  over  while  I  finish up a few  scans and take  care of  a couple   PM's.

Frontiers of Freedom,   1950 giveaway.  Several one  and  two page historical vignettes,  plus  three pages  of  how  swell 
life us  in  The U S  of  A  in  1950,  Eight  pages of  great Dan Barry  art,  distributed  by The Institute Of  Life  Insurance, 
printed  in  New  York.    Slightly undersize,   6-7/8 x 9-1/4    Flat  and  tight,  Very pretty  copy.  That is NOT  a tear at  the upper 
edge,  but  rather some  sort  of   light  printers wrinkle.

Asking $35

wOvXO7i.jpg

The Dying  Earth,   Jack  Vance

Hillman  Publications  #41

Yes,   THAT  Hillman  Publications.  They  were  in  the  paperback  original  biz  for  a  while  in the  1950's.

This  is  the  TRUE  First  Edition,  and  the first  copy  I've owned.  If you're  not  familiar  with  Vance,  he  writes   a  
great  fantasy.   This  one  is  his  best   known,  but  I  also  recommend  The Eyes of the Overworld  for  a great read. 
I've seen  a  couple  other copies  at  Pulp  and   Paper shows,  but  they were  priced  in  the low  three  figures. 

The  scans    tell it  all.  Flat,   square,  tight,  glossy, white  pages.  

Asking  $80  FIRM

ruSCk1f.jpg

gM4NXDt.jpg

Daredevil  174,   Pence  copy

Smack  dab in the  middle of the classic  Frank  Miller  run. 

Bit of  general  wear,  several  color breaks  along  the  spine,

Asking  $10

DHLhi3O.jpg

The Eternals   Annual #1

Better  fill  in  those  holes  before  the movie   comes  out!

Gorgeous  copy,   asking  $15

zNDjXyP.jpg

Dogface Dooley 4

Ahh,  a nice cartooney   Headlights  issue!

Whiff of  spine  roll,  small  tape  inside  FC,   bit  of  general  wear,    dogears  lower   RH  FC.     
Tight,   good  gloss,  off-white pages.  

Asking  $35  SOLD!

HIDqkpQ.jpg

Edited by catrick339

Just now, catrick339 said:

Dogface Dooley 4

Ahh,  a nice cartooney   Headlights  issue!

Whiff of  spine  roll,  small  tape  inside  FC,   bit  of  general  wear,    dogears  lower   RH  FC.     
Tight,   good  gloss,  off-white pages.  

Asking  $35

HIDqkpQ.jpg

take

Vicki #2,  1975 Atlas

Teensy  split  lower spine,     bit of general  wear,   light  large  NCB  dogear  lower  RH FC 

Pretty  midgrade  for $12

ytKAWO4.jpg

Jonah Hex #1

Faintest  whiff  of general  wear  on   a  gorgeous  copy.   A  press  would  bring  this  one  well  above  a  9.0,  I'm thinking, 
Flat, tight,   clean,   square,  glossy,   bone white  pages. 

Asking  $125 FIRM

nO2dOyU.jpg

Here's one  you  don't run  across  very  often. 
Korak  Son  Of Tarzan  #1, 1964

Two  small  NCB  dogears  upper   RH  FC,  two  tiny   color breaks  on  spine. 

This  is  a  beautiful  flat  glossy  copy,  tight  spine and CF,   white  pages,  
The only  real  flaw is  the  small  ink  price  just below  the logo. 

Beautiful  copy for  $80

PzgbxQG.jpg

Boy Detective 4

This  one's got it  all!  Kid  hero,  damsel  in  bondage,    Kinstler  cover,   big  chunk  out  of  LH  edge FC,  :D

Flat  and tight  enough,   but   that big  ol  chunk  missing,  and   plenty of  tape  inside  both  FC  and  BC.  Interior is  
tight,  white pages,   with  tape  at  staples on  CF. 

Rough  Reader  with  a  great cover for $20   SOLD! per PM!

960PsC4.jpg

Edited by catrick339

Brave and Bold 44

Greytone  Hawkman  cover,   last  tryout  in  Brave  and Bold!

Flat,  tight,  glossy, off-white  -  white pages,  bit of genera wear,   small  vertical  tear  on spine just below  upper  staple,

Take it  home for  $50

74aDEUS.jpg

Tales of the Unexpected 48

Early  Space Ranger  adventure.  Flat  and tight,  decent  gloss left,  but  small  water upper  edge FC, 
3/4  vertical  split  at  center  of  spine,   general wear,  white pages. 

Sharp  lower  grade for  $40

Bp6kjpU.jpg