• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Does anyone else have a problem with Comic Connect?
4 4

76 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, blazingbob said:

ComicConnect normally has the books as the auction is running, 

Clearly the reason why you don't see all of the images as they can't scan them in until they have the books in their possession.  (thumbsu

In virtually all cases though, they should have all of the books by the time the auction starts since all of the images are generally loaded by that time with only the odd exception. 

Now, as for the All-Star 8 and the Sensation 1 that they are highlighting in their currrent Event Auction, they might not actually have them in hand as the back covers certainly looks like a scan of a another poor quality scan.  :p

3 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Clearly the reason why you don't see all of the images as they can't scan them in until they have the books in their possession.  (thumbsu

In virtually all cases though, they should have all of the books by the time the auction starts since all of the images are generally loaded by that time with only the odd exception. 

Now, as for the All-Star 8 and the Sensation 1 that they are highlighting in their currrent Event Auction, they might not actually have them in hand as the back covers certainly looks like a scan of a another poor quality scan.  :p

i would suspect that for this auction there were more items not in house given they extended the consignment period right up to the very end.

I just posted a similar comment to another thread in regards to Comic Connect LOL

I'm more upset with how long they take to ship items.  It's almost been 4 weeks now that I won an item at their auction and it still has not been shipped yet.  I emailed them and they blamed the pandemic, fair enough.  That being said the last time I won an item from them it also took like 4/5 weeks for them to ship the item (non-pandemic). I had to email them, they said they forgot or something. I have ordered from them a few times now and I think 2 of the 3 times or so the slabs have been cracked upon arrival.  They did correct the issues with no hassle though. I think I am pretty understanding but when it happens numerous times I get less and less understanding. They certainly had enough man power to cash the check fast that I mailed them though....:roflmao:

Edited by Xenosmilus

8 hours ago, paperheart said:

i would suspect that for this auction there were more items not in house given they extended the consignment period right up to the very end.

Are you referring to the past Event Auction which they had back in May where they were supposedly accepting consignments right up to the Friday just prior to the start of their Event Auction, which I actually find rather hard to believe from a pure logistical point of view.  (shrug)

Or are you referring to this upcoming Event Auction where the initial deadline for consignments was set for June 1st.  This deadline was then extended to June 15th and has now been extended even further to June 22nd?  :bigsmile:

Sounds as though all of the various auction houses for fighting it out for consignments, especially in light of the increased frequency which they are having for all of these auctions.  :slapfight:  :slapfight:

4 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Are you referring to the past Event Auction which they had back in May where they were supposedly accepting consignments right up to the Friday just prior to the start of their Event Auction, which I actually find rather hard to believe from a pure logistical point of view.  (shrug)

Or are you referring to this upcoming Event Auction where the initial deadline for consignments was set for June 1st.  This deadline was then extended to June 15th and has now been extended even further to June 22nd?  :bigsmile:

Sounds as though all of the various auction houses for fighting it out for consignments, especially in light of the increased frequency which they are having for all of these auctions.  :slapfight:  :slapfight:

the past auction

4 minutes ago, paperheart said:
11 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

the past auction

This I actually found rather strange and confusing because I thought the May Event Auction being the first auction after their big revamp of their website was supposed to be for non-consigned books only, since it was supposed to be a test to ensure that everything was running fine and proper.  ???

Maybe they changed their mind near the end and decided to spice up the auction a bit more with some hopefully nicer consigned books.  (shrug)

12 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

This I actually found rather strange and confusing because I thought the May Event Auction being the first auction after their big revamp of their website was supposed to be for non-consigned books only, since it was supposed to be a test to ensure that everything was running fine and proper.  ???

Maybe they changed their mind near the end and decided to spice up the auction a bit more with some hopefully nicer consigned books.  (shrug)

i had never heard that was the case and i was in contact with them a lot in Mar/Apr about the May auction

Edited by paperheart

3 hours ago, paperheart said:

i had never heard that was the case and i was in contact with them a lot in Mar/Apr about the May auction

I never heard that either.  They gave the site a complete overhaul at the user interface level, but there's no evidence of any changes to the underlying engine that runs the auctions (or the non-auction marketplace, or the shopping cart, etc. etc.).

54 minutes ago, Xenosmilus said:

Has anyones got their books yet?

I have not received them yet.  

I have not been provided even an estimate as to when they will ship them.  

Not what I call good customer service, however, I know (and respect) that many disagree.  

8 minutes ago, jeffreyk said:

I won 2 books in the last auction.  Received one today, still waiting on the other one.

Thank you for the update.  Maybe there is hope.

It would be great if they would at least let people know when they might expect their books.

If I win something on ComicConnect, I just expect it will take a long time to ship.

So, when it does (which it does), it doesn't bother me in the least.

And actually, sometimes when the package arrives, it is such a nice surprise because I have forgotten exactly what I had won.

So, opening the package is quite exciting, and then I go "Ooooh, yeah, I had won this book!  So cool!"  I'm actually appreciative of having been given such a nice surprise.  

Just sayin' !

4 hours ago, jeffreyk said:

I won 2 books in the last auction.  Received one today, still waiting on the other one.

Did you asked for both books to be shipped separately since this would be extremely strange considering that they were won in the same "last" auction?  ???

Most auction winners wants to add in another book to their order so as to justify the shipping charges, aand yet you want to ship your 2 books as separate shipments.  O.o

6 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Did you asked for both books to be shipped separately since this would be extremely strange considering that they were won in the same "last" auction?  ???

Most auction winners wants to add in another book to their order so as to justify the shipping charges, aand yet you want to ship your 2 books as separate shipments.  O.o

I won them a few days apart and paid for them separately.  I did call them and they said they would look into it to save on shipping but never heard back about it.  I just want to receive my other book as soon as possible at this point.  

4 hours ago, jeffreyk said:

I won them a few days apart and paid for them separately.  I did call them and they said they would look into it to save on shipping but never heard back about it.  I just want to receive my other book as soon as possible at this point.  

I believe most bidders wait until the end of the auction at the end of the week to pay for their winnings so that they can combined their payment charges into one payment only and also have only one combined shipping charge.  :gossip:

I am sure your book will arrive safely into your hands very shortly though.  (thumbsu

Comicconnect is slow in the first place - generally for me, at my east coast address - my last order, won and paid for on Dec 13, shipped on January 6 - now that's over the holiday's so I expect a delay - 24 days.

But in general, I never considered them to be quick in their turn around. Good grading, good packaging, easy to navigate sight, etc, etc. But slow to ship. It is what it is. This isn't eBay. This isn't Amazon. If you're impatient, they maybe aren't the best choice. 

I only buy what I want and not to flip, so I don't much care - it'll get to me, I'll enjoy it, etc.

NOW...

I could've sworn I got an e-mail from them, seems a month ago or so talking about that due to the pandemic, their turn around times were slow... but even without that, I would just ASSUME, being in NY, it would be slower...

If you won that on June 15, I wouldn't expect it until at least mid-July.