• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Does anyone else have a problem with Comic Connect?
4 4

76 posts in this topic

21 hours ago, Yorick said:

I too am awaiting my purchases.  Not a big deal though - I am patient.  My personal policy is not to buy anything more from anyone until prior deals are complete.

CC should have this same philosophy in regards to promoting their next auctions before finishing past ones :roflmao:.

43 minutes ago, pemart1966 said:

Buzzard T-Shirts - Patience My Ass Buzzard ©WhiteTigerLLC.com - Men's T-Shirt light heather gray

If " the shoe was on they other foot" would CC be as forgiving if I received their items and didn't pay for a month and a half?  Or any other dealers for that matter? Surely not. If they are that backed up (and this is not just the case because of the pandemic) it's a simple solution, hire more people to ship your items.  I could be wrong on this but I don't think CC is a small Mom & Pop's business?

2dacmn.jpg

Edited by Xenosmilus

10 minutes ago, Xenosmilus said:

If " the shoe was on they other foot" would CC be as forgiving if I received their items and didn't pay for a month and a half?  Or any other dealers for that matter? Surely not.

2dacmn.jpg

Well said!!!!

To add insult to injury, I get an email from Metropolis today that says in part.....

Have you heard about our weekly Metropolis auctions on eBay?! Each week we have an incredible collection of merchandise for you to bid on, like CGC graded comics, raw comics, art prints, mystery boxes, and group lots. Our first eBay auctions ends TODAY. At 6:00 PM EST every item will begin to close. Below are a few stand out comics and giclees available to bid on.To see everything, please visit our eBay store by clicking here

So I decided to click on a few of the books that are ending tonight to see what the delivery dates are.  On the books that I looked at, the estimated delivery dates were July 7 - July 8.  WHAT??????  So on May 23 I was told that my books would be shipped within 3 weeks (still waiting with no clue as to when they will ship the books that I "won" and paid for), however, if I buy a book off eBay, I can get it next week (according to the listings).  Something does not seem right here.

If a company is going to "claim" the current situation (COVID) is going to delay shipping, then why is it only delaying shipping on the books that were in the May auction?

Also in an eBay listing they wrote....

Accurate Grading, Fast Shipping and Excellent Customer Service.

I would like to know what they consider "Fast Shipping" and as for "Customer Service", IMO it is far less than "Excellent".

Edited by Hudson

On 6/29/2020 at 1:46 PM, Hudson said:

To add insult to injury, I get an email from Metropolis today that says in part.....

Have you heard about our weekly Metropolis auctions on eBay?! Each week we have an incredible collection of merchandise for you to bid on, like CGC graded comics, raw comics, art prints, mystery boxes, and group lots. Our first eBay auctions ends TODAY. At 6:00 PM EST every item will begin to close. Below are a few stand out comics and giclees available to bid on.To see everything, please visit our eBay store by clicking here

So I decided to click on a few of the books that are ending tonight to see what the delivery dates are.  On the books that I looked at, the estimated delivery dates were July 7 - July 8.  WHAT??????  So on May 23 I was told that my books would be shipped within 3 weeks (still waiting with no clue as to when they will ship the books that I "won" and paid for), however, if I buy a book off eBay, I can get it next week (according to the listings).  Something does not seem right here.

If a company is going to "claim" the current situation (COVID) is going to delay shipping, then why is it only delaying shipping on the books that were in the May auction?

Also in an eBay listing they wrote....

Accurate Grading, Fast Shipping and Excellent Customer Service.

I would like to know what they consider "Fast Shipping" and as for "Customer Service", IMO it is far less than "Excellent".

There isn't a good excuse for the lack of communication you've experienced. And there is only so far the pandemic can be blamed.  Throughout this nationwide shutdown, I've continued buying from estate auctions and off ebay, and I started buying from several dealers I frequent regularly once they said they were available again. At times, the shipping times were a few days off, but not enough that I considered it unreasonable. The stuff I've bought has come from all areas of the country, too. I don't blame you for losing patience since you can't even get a response. Maybe the time for politeness and understanding has passed for you.

:news:

I am happy to report that I received 2 packages today.

1) One package was from the recent CL auction.  I had paid that invoice on Tuesday June 30 (after 11pm).  I paid the standard shipping charge (nothing extra) and I received the package today (less than 3 days later).  WOW!  Thank you Comic Link!

2) The other package was from the May CC auction.  On a positive note, I believe it is important to give credit where credit is due.  I contacted Rob (at CC) on July 1, and asked him about my order.  Rob checked on it and told me they would ship it that day and that Fed Ex would pick it up the next day.   Thank you Rob Reynolds!

1 hour ago, jeffreyk said:

I just received my 2nd book form the May auction.  At least it finally came. 

Did you receive an email notification that they had shipped?