• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

San Fernando Valley Comic Con 6/28/20
1 1

64 posts in this topic

Two weeks gone by and no reports of mass infections from this show. 

oddly people go about their business everyday and enjoy life,

wearing masks( I prefer face shield) and safer ones even wear the gloves.

the point is we must get things going again and take personnel responsibility.

what happened to; my body my, choice?

3 hours ago, TerrysComics said:

I prefer a German gas mask looks great when going into a bank lol and i agree on all your points (thumbsu

20 hours ago, TerrysComics said:

Very respectfully Terry. We have been friends for a LONG time and hopefully for a long time to come. :foryou:

How do you know there have been any new cases due to this show? Has everyone there been tested? Have YOU been tested? Is it not possible that someone who went to this show has unknowingly passed on this virus to others? 

Yes, we should go on with our lives in a proper manner. Wearing masks and gloves if necessary. Trying to avoid passing on this horrible virus to our family, friends and even total strangers. MANY people aren’t doing this or taking this very seriously. Thusly, due to opening quickly, mass gatherings and just clueless, selfish folks, we are now at  critical proportions in SO CA and all over the country. 

I get it. We ALL want life to go back to “normal”. ALL of us. We have missed WonderCon, Torpedo as well as all the other shows I’ve missed like the toy show in Glendale, flea markets, estate sales ect. I figure they are probably all gone for the rest of the year. Man, it suks! The sooner we all realize this and understand what we have to give up to make this go away, the sooner we can go back to what we love. 

And by the way, it’s not just about YOUR life, it’s about mine, my family, my friends and just total strangers. All of our lives are being stalled due to the selfish and inconsiderate actions of others. 

Comic books and money are worthless to the dead...

1 hour ago, Robot Man said:

Very respectfully Terry. We have been friends for a LONG time and hopefully for a long time to come. :foryou:

How do you know there have been any new cases due to this show? Has everyone there been tested? Have YOU been tested? Is it not possible that someone who went to this show has unknowingly passed on this virus to others? 

Yes, we should go on with our lives in a proper manner. Wearing masks and gloves if necessary. Trying to avoid passing on this horrible virus to our family, friends and even total strangers. MANY people aren’t doing this or taking this very seriously. Thusly, due to opening quickly, mass gatherings and just clueless, selfish folks, we are now at  critical proportions in SO CA and all over the country. 

I get it. We ALL want life to go back to “normal”. ALL of us. We have missed WonderCon, Torpedo as well as all the other shows I’ve missed like the toy show in Glendale, flea markets, estate sales ect. I figure they are probably all gone for the rest of the year. Man, it suks! The sooner we all realize this and understand what we have to give up to make this go away, the sooner we can go back to what we love. 

And by the way, it’s not just about YOUR life, it’s about mine, my family, my friends and just total strangers. All of our lives are being stalled due to the selfish and inconsiderate actions of others. 

Comic books and money are worthless to the dead...

OK Bob, you win, I don't know if someone at the show got the VID, but I also don't know if no one got the VID, and even if they did get the VID, how would I know where they got it?

My whole point everyday to anyone that will listen is this: We have to separate the Economy from the Virus, they are not connected!

You can't possibly know there were no cases; you can't know who showed no symptoms, and then spread the disease to others. We can't "separate the economy from the virus", because trying to do so will kill a countless number of people, all in the selfish desire to act like there's no problem. This was incredibly reckless, and crowing about it as some sort of success story is doubly so.

5 minutes ago, bpc3qh said:

You can't possibly know there were no cases; you can't know who showed no symptoms, and then spread the disease to others. We can't "separate the economy from the virus", because trying to do so will kill a countless number of people, all in the selfish desire to act like there's no problem. This was incredibly reckless, and crowing about it as some sort of success story is doubly so.

Well said.

23 hours ago, bpc3qh said:

keep drinking the kool-aid, the lock down did not work, the virus is here and we have to open things up again.

the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expect different results.

Cleary lockdowns don't make it go away!

Some people will get it and die, it is unfortunate. People get killed in car crashes also should we ban cars.

This the only Virus in my lifetime where the government isolates healthy people and is not focused on sick and most vulnerable people. 

remove the tyrant dictator Gavin .

Edited by TerrysComics

25 minutes ago, TerrysComics said:

keep drinking the kool-aid, the lock down did not work, the virus is here and we have to open things up again.

the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expect different results.

Some people will get it and die, it is unfortunate. People get killed in car crashes also should we ban cars.

This the only Virus in my lifetime where the government isolates healthy people and is not focused on sick and most vulnerable people. 

To the extent they haven't worked, it is because of people like you, who myopically flout the rules because they cannot see the bigger picture. The science is clear--if people would stay inside, and wear masks, we could eliminate the virus and actually reopen, safely. Unfortunately, people are too stupid and selfish to do so.

Edited by bpc3qh

32 minutes ago, TerrysComics said:

Did you get that car argument from a meme? Talk about false equivalence.

lol seems like you are just drinking a different flavor kool-aid! Stop being a selfish hat. I guess as long as you are making a buck screw everyone else right?

18 hours ago, Avi said:

Did you get that car argument from a meme? Talk about false equivalence.

lol seems like you are just drinking a different flavor kool-aid! Stop being a selfish hat. I guess as long as you are making a buck screw everyone else right?

I get it now, Down with Capitalisim, up with Marxism. Wake up people we are under attack from every side.

2 minutes ago, TerrysComics said:

I get it now, Down with Capitalisim, up with Marxism. Wake up people we are under attack from every side.

Has nothing to do with capitalism or marxism. It has to do with trying not to kill an innocent person and doing the right thing to be a decent human being.
Good luck chasing your profits when you kill off your customers.

2 hours ago, Avi said:

Has nothing to do with capitalism or marxism. It has to do with trying not to kill an innocent person and doing the right thing to be a decent human being.
Good luck chasing your profits when you kill off your customers.

it has nothing to do with profits, it has to do with living and enjoying life, Freedom is everything. Marxist accuse their fellow citizens ( or Comic Collectors) of killing people for profits.