• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is this a printing error? [Marvelman]

7 posts in this topic

I purchased this book rather recently, and it's a tad bit hard to find - as are most early Marvelman books for that matter -, but I did find a auction a while ago which had Marvelman #169 and the cover didn't look as such, but I'm just curious whether this would be a printing/manufacturing error and if so: how would CGC grade respond to it?

s-l1600.jpg

The original comic:

Spoiler

Preview.php?19730@UA==

Edited by Bart Allen

2 hours ago, Bart Allen said:

I purchased this book rather recently, and it's a tad bit hard to find - as are most early Marvelman books for that matter -, but I did find a auction a while ago which had Marvelman #169 and the cover didn't look as such, but I'm just curious whether this would be a printing/manufacturing error and if so: how would CGC grade respond to it?

s-l1600.jpg  imageproxy.thumb.jpg.a781bd7a3d25280177e69733d0955e9b.jpg

That's a thing of beauty :)

There's a thread about them here:

Personally, I would pay a premium for a book like this if I collected the title. Most wouldn't though I find. 

And I've given up trying to get a consistent answer out of CGC as to how they would treat books with printing / registration errors. They change their minds a lot in this area, alas.

Lovely book Bart, lovely book.