• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Warrior Nun Netflix series
2 2

40 posts in this topic

Shouldn’t be too long before we see a live action version of Robert Kirkman’s Battle Pope, then.

The potential for WARRIOR NUN to become huge is there. If the series is any good. If it does resonate with viewers the potential for back issues to explode is there. Right now the first issue is becoming more expensive but there is still plenty of meat on the bones in regards to other issues. The thing is that NETFLIX owns WARRIOR NUN and with the loss of the MCU they are keen to exploit their own superhero universe. Most WARRIOR NUN back issues are super cheap. Most are dollar bin fodder. I would focus on first appearances. Like NHS #38 has the first appearance of Lillith who may appear in the series. 

On 6/23/2020 at 8:20 AM, APDallas said:

The potential for WARRIOR NUN to become huge is there. If it does resonate with viewers the potential for back issues to explode is there. Right now the first issue is becoming more expensive but there is still plenty of meat on the bones in regards to other issues.  I would focus on first appearances.

Saw first 2 episodes so far. Have to watch a few more, as villains being introduced. Think first appearance of Sister Stiletto is in Warrior Nun Areala #3 for all you specs.

6 minutes ago, aardvark88 said:

Saw first 2 episodes so far. Have to watch a few more, as villains being introduced. Think first appearance of Sister Stiletto is in Warrior Nun Areala #3 for all you specs.

I watched the first couple of episodes as well.  Hasn't grabbed me yet, I'll wait on some of the reviews here to see if I should continue.

15 hours ago, thunsicker said:

I'll wait on some of the reviews here to see if I should continue.

Watched up to episode 5 so far. Getting better with the battle btwn the Church and Science. OK dialogue. Tremendous use of Spanish landscape, churches, towns, ferry to Mallorca(?), and music. Simon Barry also directed the excellent tv series 'Continuum' where the female Vancouver Police Dept (VPD) 'timecop' was filmed in Vancouver, BC playing Vancouver city (thumbsu rather than Seattle, WA per normal.

Watched the first episode. Certainly potential IF it does not stray any further into the CM Teen thang. Felt like a right mix of several sci-fi/horror films/shows which is good because it can go in any direction at this point (remember only saw the first ep). And that ep put me in mind a bit of the TV shows BUFFY, WITCHBLADE and GRIMM S01E02 (Bears Will Be Bears).  Also THE DaVINCI CODE and a itch of Jodie Foster's NELL. 

It does have potential so will be watching over the next week. Hope it pans out!

We have watched up to episode 6 and it’s a good show for us.  Good drama but also some good action at times.  CGI does look pretty bad at points but overall a good show to watch during downtime.

9 hours ago, PovertyRow said:

Felt like a right mix of several sci-fi/horror films/shows which is good.  Also THE DaVINCI CODE. 

It does have potential so will be watching over the next week. Hope it pans out!

Watched all 10 episodes. I predicted part of the ending/villain but there was an interesting twist from episode 9 lead in. Several other good teen type shows to watch like Geoff Johns's Stargirl and 'The 100': Anaconda (sci-fi :news: prelude) on TV.

I've been enjoying it. It just slogs during certain episodes. But the action makes up for it, when there is action. The constant voice over narration annoys me at times.

On 6/23/2020 at 11:20 AM, APDallas said:

The potential for WARRIOR NUN to become huge is there. If the series is any good. If it does resonate with viewers the potential for back issues to explode is there. Right now the first issue is becoming more expensive but there is still plenty of meat on the bones in regards to other issues. The thing is that NETFLIX owns WARRIOR NUN and with the loss of the MCU they are keen to exploit their own superhero universe. Most WARRIOR NUN back issues are super cheap. Most are dollar bin fodder. I would focus on first appearances. Like NHS #38 has the first appearance of Lillith who may appear in the series. 

I'd be willing to bet that people forget about this show rather quickly and you won't see the back issues holding much value.  There has been and will continue to be new shows from comics but not all will maintain their high pricing as people start to lose interest in the show and it is eventually no longer produced.

16 hours ago, Keys_Collector said:

I'd be willing to bet that people forget about this show rather quickly and you won't see the back issues holding much value.  There has been and will continue to be new shows from comics but not all will maintain their high pricing as people start to lose interest in the show and it is eventually no longer produced.

That would be true if the show does not pick up a fan base. Like anything if the show has no fan base it will disappear. However, there are several things going in its favor. It is currently #2 on Netflix and is an international hit. It already is building a huge fan base and it's title is not easily forgotten. It has a great mythology and over 200 plus comics that it can draw story material from not to mention potential spin-offs. Also, unlike the Marvel material, NETFLIX OWNS Warrior Nun. It would behove them to want to put resources behind something they can control and possibly launch it's own NETFLIX extended universe. As long as they produce new material that engages the fan I do not see it dying down. I for one am getting her 1st appearance while it is still cheap. Remember this is a book that sat in $1 bins since 1994. At the moment there is really not much out there capturing the general public at large and this could be the one everyone is talking about. I liked the series very much. It does start slow but it is world building and establishing character. I think once things get rolling there is no limit.

12 minutes ago, APDallas said:

That would be true if the show does not pick up a fan base. Like anything if the show has no fan base it will disappear. However, there are several things going in its favor. It is currently #2 on Netflix and is an international hit. It already is building a huge fan base and it's title is not easily forgotten. It has a great mythology and over 200 plus comics that it can draw story material from not to mention potential spin-offs. Also, unlike the Marvel material, NETFLIX OWNS Warrior Nun. It would behove them to want to put resources behind something they can control and possibly launch it's own NETFLIX extended universe. As long as they produce new material that engages the fan I do not see it dying down. I for one am getting her 1st appearance while it is still cheap. Remember this is a book that sat in $1 bins since 1994. At the moment there is really not much out there capturing the general public at large and this could be the one everyone is talking about. I liked the series very much. It does start slow but it is world building and establishing character. I think once things get rolling there is no limit.

There's a lot to be unseen.  Most of what you are saying are hypothetical's surrounding the show.  I mean it was just released.  Seems a little premature to be considering this a sure fire bet.  Even if people talk about it now, doesn't mean they will talk about it in 6 months.

1 hour ago, Keys_Collector said:

There's a lot to be unseen.  Most of what you are saying are hypothetical's surrounding the show.  I mean it was just released.  Seems a little premature to be considering this a sure fire bet.  Even if people talk about it now, doesn't mean they will talk about it in 6 months.

True. The long term remains to be seen. I am just saying that it is out in the popular culture. I like the show myself and hope that it has legs. Only time will tell.