• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Stolen Sienkiewicz resurfaces
1 1

30 posts in this topic

32 minutes ago, Bird said:

but no mention of returning the artwork to the person from whom it was stolen?

No mention about this so far, I guess we'll see. I hope Bill gets the painting back.

At least, we now have confirmation that it was indeed the stolen piece, and not a case of wrong picture in the catalogue.

On 6/17/2020 at 12:14 PM, grapeape said:

Bird, for Cornette de Saint Cyr   what would honor look like? Not destroying another work of art with poor packaging methods? Or declining to sell presumed stolen goods?

I assume these were rhetorical?

to cornette de saint cyr, I will speak in a language they understand as I am in a bad mood and reading about them only exacerbates it...

va te faire foutre!

I thought I had read the art was stolen in transit or at point of delivery.  If this is the case, and if the art ended up with a comic art collector it seems not like a stolen doorstep package but somewhat of an inside job.

8 hours ago, Bird said:

I assume these were rhetorical?

to cornette de saint cyr, I will speak in a language they understand as I am in a bad mood and reading about them only exacerbates it...

va te faire foutre!

I’m on your side friend. They are rubbish to the core.

16 hours ago, grapeape said:

I’m on your side friend. They are rubbish to the core.

:headbang: Just making sure you didn't actually expect answers. Cause at this point I got none! :sumo:

7 minutes ago, Bird said:

:headbang: Just making sure you didn't actually expect answers. Cause at this point I got none! :sumo:

Haha Believe me for your sake I didn’t even want to bring up the sore point! The shenanigans in the art world of any kind are trying, dubious, largely anti social in nature.

:headbang: x 2

🍇  🦍