• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ROMITA book signings
1 1

17 posts in this topic

Did your facilitator give you an update when you asked them about it?

Edited by revat

I got some books signed by Romita back in February.  It was originally supposed to happen in December, but it got rescheduled at least 3 times because of health issues, and this was before the pandemic.

Yep I have Romita books through Desert Wind. I couldnt get a good number for Desert Wind but I did call Celestial Comics and they charged my card so I take that as a good sign. I called CGC customer service line and they haven't received the books yet. 

On 6/19/2020 at 1:51 AM, bobotski said:

Who's your facilitator? Waiting for mine as well.

twin cities  --  have spoke to them recently and it's a whole bunch of things like his age, pandemic, etc....just taking forever is all

1 hour ago, MGsimba77 said:

He had one last February. You really think he'll do another in the same year with a pandemic??? If he did an in house with cgc I think it would require him to travel so doubt that happens at his age 

well Desert Wind does list some signing to take place after September

https://desertwindcomics.com/events-schedule/

We were just informed the next signing will not take place until after September. We will post more details as we get them.

On 8/4/2020 at 7:59 PM, StillOnly25Cents said:

well Desert Wind does list some signing to take place after September

https://desertwindcomics.com/events-schedule/

We were just informed the next signing will not take place until after September. We will post more details as we get them.

I have 2 books on queue with Desert Wind. I fully understand about Chandler's health issues and wish him well.

Anyhow, I was curious today and went to DWC's website and saw this message on the Romita signings: "Mr. Romita has decided not to sign in the near future." Chances are getting slimmer and slimmer, unfortunately.

Update: Another reason for checking the DWC website was because I got UPS shipment notification that I wasn't aware about. Sure enough I checked the UPS reference number and it matches my DWC order number. I sent slabbed books to DWC for the signing so wondering why it's coming from CGC? Very unlikely the signing went ahead, but most likely it was cracked opened by them then reslabbed back. Waiting from a response from DWC.

Edited by bobotski

1 hour ago, bobotski said:

I have 2 books on queue with Desert Wind. I fully understand about Chandler's health issues and wish him well.

Anyhow, I was curious today and went to DWC's website and saw this message on the Romita signings: "Mr. Romita has decided not to sign in the near future." Chances are getting slimmer and slimmer, unfortunately.

Update: Another reason for checking the DWC website was because I got UPS shipment notification that I wasn't aware about. Sure enough I checked the UPS reference number and it matches my DWC order number. I sent slabbed books to DWC for the signing so wondering why it's coming from CGC? Very unlikely the signing went ahead, but most likely it was cracked opened by them then reslabbed back. Waiting from a response from DWC.

Heard back from DWC:

"I show that both of your books were signed by John Romita Sr. We had multiple signings with him since late April until about late July. We got about 95 percent of our books done. I show that your books were done and sent to CGC."

Hope that some of you made it before Mr. Romita's decision to stop signing. :)