• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cameron Stewart Art
2 2

28 posts in this topic

19 minutes ago, AnkurJ said:

I can understand that but it’s difficult for many to get past that.

7 minutes ago, Brian Peck said:

Many artist I have never met, so why should it?

Related question: how many artists turn away the money from customers of ill repute?

Answer: um, none lol

6 minutes ago, AnkurJ said:

I can understand that but it’s difficult for many to get past that.

Agreed (that it's a high hurdle for some).  And while I'll never hold against someone how they choose to spend their money/time, I can't abide by those who try to guilt/bully others into joining their boycotts, which is the case more and more often in today's world.  Like Brian said, there are some terrific folks who are lousy artists and there are some less-than-terrific folks who are great artists (and there are lots of folks in between) .  I collect art, so the art itself is what most concerns me. 

2 hours ago, vodou said:

Anybody think The Market thusly punished Cameron's results today?

I don't.

image.png.91d64dc6a4462e93cecd798437ab8528.png

The page 16 is terrific. Absolutely breathtaking and I’m sure the buyer is pleased with the acquisition.

It does appear his art is no longer available via Splash Page Art. I’m not sure if that was his official rep, but used to have a ton of Cameron Stewart pages which have been removed.

Edited by skrilla1212
Punctuation

To me it doesn't matter, but the generations X, Y and Z may be more sensitive about things like this. 

I suspect the answer will become more apparent in 2 years, and whether he gets more mainstream work or not. If not, I don't see a future for the price of his work.

3 hours ago, skrilla1212 said:

It does appear his art is no longer available via Splash Page Art. I’m not sure if that was his official rep, but used to have a ton of Cameron Stewart pages which have been removed.

And then there's the CAF bug (or user error) where those ex-Splash Cameron pieces are still shown as available but the link through is dead.

image.png.1463bdc7233cce392c8b80537ba550d3.png

image.thumb.png.18320360e7e37a61ad6faab106a621b5.png

On 10/5/2020 at 11:34 AM, vodou said:

And then there's the CAF bug (or user error) where those ex-Splash Cameron pieces are still shown as available but the link through is dead.

image.png.1463bdc7233cce392c8b80537ba550d3.png

image.thumb.png.18320360e7e37a61ad6faab106a621b5.png

Those auction prices seem insanely high, from what Splash page priced at. Is his market really that hot? 

I’m pretty sure they dropped him as a client.
Maybe they just deactivated his gallery, that’s why stuff shows through CAF