• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Handwritten thank you cards & notes from sellers

27 posts in this topic

I've gotten complimentary pubic hair included in my orders from here (thanks Bob, Roy!!! (thumbsu), and that was kind of sweet, and memorable! :luhv: 

Many just include their dog's hair, wrapped up in the tape and in the comic sleeves. Not quite as impressive..., :sorry: 

On 6/19/2020 at 11:26 PM, Tony S said:

That's hilarious. 

I took my oldest daughter - she was maybe 11 or 12 then - to a New Kids On The Block concert here in Evansville, IN.  Man, but  ten thousand or more preteen girls inside an indoor stadium can make a lot of noise. I was near deaf by the time it was done and my ears rang for days afterwards. 

The band and show wasn't bad. I actually like pop music and they put on a good enough show. My daughter loved it. 
So consider it a nice gift <3

I took my daughter and several of her friends to a Sublime concert when she was 14. Mostly to keep an eye on her. I stayed away. Wasn’t worried about her but mostly the crowd. Left a big fan which pizzed her off! 

On 6/18/2020 at 11:00 PM, Tony S said:

And my mother and aunt. Geez, but those two were pro's. They would meet for coffee somewhere at 5am, go through the paper for yard sale listings and my aunt would plot out the most efficient route on a map. Then starting at 6 am it was off to the races. They could haggle prices like Uncle Scrooge at an a Arabic flea market and be back in the car and off to the next yard sale in 10 minutes flat!  :D 

GOD BLESS indeed. Two wonderful women I miss everyday. But God willing, I will see them again <3 

I used to go to flea markets and antique shows with my grandmother. She was a sophisticated antique collector. She would always buy me stacks of old comics. Learned a lot and got my collecting gene from her. Sure miss those trips! 

I'm not including Boardie names because I'm sure I've overlooked someone.... But for me, I've received enough well written and thought out Thank You notes from Daniel Lopez and Dave Johnson that a thread like this can't exist without giving them each a tip of the hat. Chivalry is not necessarily dead. I don't even send hand written thank you notes,  so It was a rare treat. Most people don't understand how much work is involved in selling a couple thousand comics each year ... so to have someone realize AND take the time to commend you... well :cloud9: GOD BLESS ...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

..... in fact, if either Daniel or Dave sees this thread, they can each consider it to be a coupon for $ 50 off their next order.