• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Torpedo con 2020
1 1

17 posts in this topic

I just talked with John Dolmayan - he'll have an update for everyone next week, starting with the dealers.  With everything still very fluid here in California, he's working to firm up the venue, dates, and precautions that will need to be in place before announcing anything. He's still committed to putting on a show, but wants to make sure he works through the additional details that are required these days.

It sounded like it worked well as a pre-SD sort of event to focus on comics, but I wonder if it will be as successful if it is stretched out to a full weekend show. Also curious if a similar dealer crowd would trek out there without a full week of selling to make it worth their while. 

Without the great line up of SD dealers will probably be just local or some west coast dealers. Kind of defeats the purpose for me. With the Covit still raging and no big SD dealers, will probably be a no show for me. The thought of touching all those infected mylars just doesn’t sound smart to me. I will see how this pandemic is doing then. 

A real bummer because I really look forward to this killer one day show...

Edited by Robot Man

I went last year as I was out there visiting family and I was HIGHLY impressed.  I was suppose to be out there again for a wedding at the same time of the July dates, but the wedding was canceled. I doubt the bigger non-West Coast dealers will be there without SD, but if it goes on I hope those that can attend safely are able to do so. 

5 hours ago, sacentaur said:

Curious which dealers will be in attendance, if an updated list could please be made available.

Bob Storms, Worldwide and Angelo will be there.  Dale Roberts looks to be there, as he has it on his calendar.  I believe Superworld will be there, but I am waiting for Ted to reply to my e-mail.  Greg Reece will not be there.  I don't think CGC will show up.  A few weeks ago, Harley told me he would be there. That's all the information I have as of right now.  Of course, I plan to be there.  Here's hoping it does take place.  :wishluck:

Edited by Bumble Kitty

8 hours ago, Bumble Kitty said:

Just received this e-mail:

Dear TorpedoCon Attendees,

We are postponing TorpedoCon 2020 due to the persistent rise of COVID-19.

Our Company and Staff have taken all the facts into consideration and after many discussions, at present, it is not worth risking the health of our Attendees, Exhibitors and Staff. It saddens us greatly to have to postpone this convention, however we feel it is a necessary decision to help keep all of you safe and in good health.
We care about you. We care about your health and safety.
That will always come first.

All tickets from TorpedoCon 2020 will be automatically refunded!
No action is needed on your part.
We hope to have new dates to reschedule TorpedoCon 2020 as soon as possible.

Sincerely,

TorpedoCon2020

bummer :( 

A pox is upon us and sadly it doesn't seem that it's going to get any better for quite a while if at all. The right decision was made especially the way infections are completely out of control. I'm certain there will be a few dealers that will still attempt something on a more intimate level. 

Thank you for your efforts everyone from Torpedo!!!

IMG_3166.JPG