• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Would cleaning help this DD #1?

9 posts in this topic

My 12-year-old self didn't think it was a bad idea to buy a DD #1 with tape on the spine.

Could this book benefit from some kind of tape removal and cleaning process? Or might it fall apart? The tape is mostly gone but obviously the stain remains. Not sure what's possible these days. Thanks!

DD_1_back.jpg

DD_1_front.jpg

DD_1_interior.jpg

DD_1_upperleft.jpg

Agreed. Removing the tape would likely require some degree of restoration and it would never look perfect. I wouldn't touch it.  It won't improve the value in my opinion. 

Pressing will help. 

And yes,  your 12 year old self had good taste! Great book. 

Pressing would 100% help, even if it only gets out some of the wrinkles it would be a noticeable improvement.

Leave the tape as it is now; as removal of it would also require extra work to remove the stain it has left on the paper, and potentially need tears seals / leaf casting to close up the areas near the staples in order to keep the cover on.