• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

[CLOSED] Journey Into Mystery #33 - lower grade but solid copy of a tough book

7 posts in this topic

This will be a quick thread, just two undercopies of books I have recently upgraded.

:takeit: in the thread or via PM is fine. I will do my best to determine the new owner in the event of a near or apparent tie. I will mark a book as sold in the thread ASAP and will notify the new owner that the book is theirs. If the book is taken via PM or in the thread that will trump any ongoing unconsummated negotiations.

Shipping is at cost either domestically or internationally. Must be trackable to wherever these may go.

Payment via Venmo, Paypal, checks, or MO is welcome. International buyers must use either Paypal or Venmo in US$.

Returns on raw books are always welcome. Returns are at buyer's expense if it is a simple disagreement on grade once it is received, and if it is due to my error I will pay return shipping.

Nobody on any naughty lists, or who has previously backed out of a deal with me, is welcome to buy here.

Marvel Tales #94 G-  -- asking $100 + shipping SOLD via PM

This has been a very difficult book for me to find, I think it is a bit less common than the #93 based on many years of looking. This copy is rough, as you can see, but the cover is attached at the top staple (tears around staple so I wouldn't open the cover on a windy day) and the centerfold is attached at both. Interior is complete, with no problems that I noted aside from some edge tears. No missing paper and book is totally readable. Significant tear at lower spine, but no paper appears missing. Another 6" tear across the middle of the front cover, stretching from above the "Haunted Love" word splash to the devil's mouth. Back cover has a large piece out at upper left, and also has some tears. It is a great placeholder or entry level copy that looks fine in a mylar.

MT94.jpg

MT94bc.jpg

Edited by mysterio
Updated rules, sale, and I can’t spell

Journey Into Mystery #33 G/G+ -- asking $125 + shipping

Another uncommon book, which is said to have Ditko's first work for Atlas/Marvel (second story, I believe). Has creasing and significant spine and edge wear, but also has fantastic color. Cover is attached at both staples, centerfold is detached at upper staple but fine at lower staple, and interior is complete with no problems.

JIM33.jpg

JIM33bc.jpg

3 hours ago, mysterio said:

Journey Into Mystery #33 G/G+ -- asking $125 + shipping

Another uncommon book, which is said to have Ditko's first work for Atlas/Marvel (second story, I believe). Has creasing and significant spine and edge wear, but also has fantastic color. Cover is attached at both staples, centerfold is detached at upper staple but fine at lower staple, and interior is complete with no problems.

JIM33.jpg

JIM33bc.jpg

Take via pm