• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Non-colour break bend on ASM300

7 posts in this topic

Hi. 

I have a query regarding this ASM300, graded 8.5. From what I can see, there is a 1 inch non-breaking bend on back cover, upper right. Rest of the comic looks flat. Other imperfections are the small stress lines upper part of spine, perhaps, and slight bump on top left corner. 

My question is if in your opinion this bend is what remains after a press, and is therefore perhaps a poor candidate for a press & resubmission, or whether in your opinion this non-colour bend can be reduced or eliminated, and may therefore lead to a grade bump - or wether the other imperfections would hold it back, and the bend is therefore perhaps immaterial? 

I guess I'm lacking knowledge about how effective a press can remedy a non-colour break. The rest of the book looks absolutely flat, so I do wonder if it's been pressed as far as can be expected. 

Thank you :)

IMG_20200620_212820.jpg

IMG_20200620_212902.jpg

IMG_20200620_212920.jpg

IMG_20200620_212949.jpg

IMG_20200620_213020.jpg

IMG_20200620_213009.jpg

It's funny you bring this up as I also have a 300 with similar back cover issues, and I DID send it for a clean and press. They got the front cover looking practically 9.8, but the back has color break creases that did not leave, which leads me to think just didn't do the back since this same problem on the front was eliminated. It is possible, though, but I agree that it won't substantially improve as that book is a 7.5 dripping wet. I can try to take pics of mine later if it would really help.

Edited by brentdevil