• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pages coming loose/binding look ragged on paperback and hardback edition

5 posts in this topic

On one of my paperbacks, some pages are on the verge of falling out near the front, and the binding looks damaged. (First picture is from this book). This is only for a few pages at the front though - for the rest of the book, this isn’t happening.

I’m also concerned about one of my hardbacks. Between 2 pages at the front and back, there’s a bit of a gap (picture 2 and 3) Again, though, other pages appear to be fine.

My OCD is going haywire with this. Anyone know what’s causing it?

6FCB81FD-4274-4B38-89CD-EA86E90120DF.jpeg

8292BDA2-23DA-43C3-A5A6-BF15ACD9FB42.jpeg

7EDB58D6-F6CA-4097-8D97-9784170DEBDC.jpeg

Edited by Hewitt

When this happens to books that I like to read and don't consider to be collectible or otherwise historically significant I fix them by regluing the separated part of the binding with contact cement.  I use a tooth pick to apply it very carefully to the binding.

I got a good deal on an old out of print motorcycle maintenance manual because the binding was coming unglued and it looked horrible.  It looks great now and is totally useable after I took the contact cement to it.