• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What is Everyone's Opinion on Color Touch?
4 4

106 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Keep_It_Clunky said:

This was a bizarre one that I received back from them when they first introduced the specialized labels. Could they not do these in purple, or did they screw up?

IMG_20190524_102410_928.jpg

They screwed up. The character logos are only available on yellow and blue labels (at first anyway) and the labelling is handled by a different department than grading. Sosince the person chose the spidey label, that's what they were given, along with the notion that this is a restored comic. CGC had not through this through and I am fearful this glitch in their process may have been abused of by people wanting to circumvent the purple label. They have since asked that these be sent back to be given a purple label (I believe at no extra cost). Don't know how many chose to do that.,

On 6/23/2020 at 9:38 PM, Robot Man said:

Rat chews are just behind brittle and mold which I wouldn't touch with a 10 foot pole. But sometimes... Many years ago I bought a box of about 75 late '40's/early '50's comics at a garage sale. Nearly every book had a chew of some kind on about every edge or corner. Maybe the best one was a Cap #74. I just wanted to cry. Over the years, I sold off most of them but I still have a few I kept just because I either have no need to upgrade or just don't want to pay today's prices to do so. Here are a couple of maybe 8 I still have left. I doubt most would get down off the high horse at 25 cents each...

comstrangeadvs46.jpg

combatman69.jpg

Currently the only copy of ASM 136 in my collection....:insane:

DFZ8Ggd.jpg

6 hours ago, Keep_It_Clunky said:

This was a bizarre one that I received back from them when they first introduced the specialized labels. Could they not do these in purple, or did they screw up?

IMG_20190524_102410_928.jpg

mail.gif

4 hours ago, Keep_It_Clunky said:

Thanks, I may send this back eventually for a reholder. It irks me that it is "wrong" even though it does indicate the resto on the label.

I'd hang on to it as an example of what happened - unless you are trying to sell. Even then-- the person buying it might want it for what it is. Seems more like a

image.jpeg.c4a5898e78d9631ae39560f5eb63012f.jpeg