• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC direct or 3rd party - uk
1 1

5 posts in this topic

Hi.

Fairly new to the submission process - I'm based in the UK, and just recieved back my first submision which I did via a third party here. I'm now weighing up the pros and cons of using the same route on my next submission, or whether I should consider submitting directly (via the cgc London option) - can anyone give their thought on this? Cost wise, I think it may be cheaper to go direct (depending on if the number of submissions justifies the membership fees). I also get the grader notes which will be handy. I wonder if I've missed anything obvious.

• Administrator
8 hours ago, kasharic said:

Hi.

Fairly new to the submission process - I'm based in the UK, and just recieved back my first submision which I did via a third party here. I'm now weighing up the pros and cons of using the same route on my next submission, or whether I should consider submitting directly (via the cgc London option) - can anyone give their thought on this? Cost wise, I think it may be cheaper to go direct (depending on if the number of submissions justifies the membership fees). I also get the grader notes which will be handy. I wonder if I've missed anything obvious.

Hello @kasharic,

I would suggest purchasing your own membership with CGC as it includes direct submission privileges to both our US and UK offices. You can schedule an appointment to drop off books in person or you can mail them to the UK office. The UK grading fees include round trip shipping and insurance to our US office and then back to the UK office for pick up. Please note that if you wish to have the books shipped back to you from the UK office there will be an additional fee. 

By submitting the books under your own account you will have access to the grader notes for your submissions as well as be able to log in to view your submission details. These features are not available when submitting through a 3rd party. 

Please feel free to reach out to our UK office at the email below for more information

service@cgccomics.uk

1 hour ago, Matt G said:

Hello @kasharic,

I would suggest purchasing your own membership with CGC as it includes direct submission privileges to both our US and UK offices. You can schedule an appointment to drop off books in person or you can mail them to the UK office. The UK grading fees include round trip shipping and insurance to our US office and then back to the UK office for pick up. Please note that if you wish to have the books shipped back to you from the UK office there will be an additional fee. 

By submitting the books under your own account you will have access to the grader notes for your submissions as well as be able to log in to view your submission details. These features are not available when submitting through a 3rd party. 

Please feel free to reach out to our UK office at the email below for more information

service@cgccomics.uk

Hi Matt,

Thanks for that. This is timely for me, as I have about ten books that I plan to submit. I have three questions please:

• Do we in the UK need to complete an online submission form and print out a packing slip before attending any appointment at the UK headquarters?

subuk1.thumb.PNG.745f29e9773c23b77cbcbea0af37f9db.PNG

Or do we just book an appointment, turn up with our books, and the UK office guide us through any process / form filling?

• This is what the submission page looks like for me by the way - not sure what I'd need to select to continue, if an online submission form is required:

subuk.thumb.PNG.5b65db8cb1874f936bf882b03ad91f93.PNG

• In the image above you can see a link telling us (UK dwellers) to go to cgccomics.uk to submit from the UK. When I go there to log in, it doesn't accept my current 'US' log in details. Do I have to register separately with CGC UK?

Cheers, Steve

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Get Marwood & I said:

Hi Matt,

Thanks for that. This is timely for me, as I have about ten books that I plan to submit. I have three questions please:

• Do we in the UK need to complete an online submission form and print out a packing slip before attending any appointment at the UK headquarters?

subuk1.thumb.PNG.745f29e9773c23b77cbcbea0af37f9db.PNG

Or do we just book an appointment, turn up with our books, and the UK office guide us through any process / form filling?

• This is what the submission page looks like for me by the way - not sure what I'd need to select to continue, if an online submission form is required:

subuk.thumb.PNG.5b65db8cb1874f936bf882b03ad91f93.PNG

• In the image above you can see a link telling us (UK dwellers) to go to cgccomics.uk to submit from the UK. When I go there to log in, it doesn't accept my current 'US' log in details. Do I have to register separately with CGC UK?

Cheers, Steve

Hello @Get Marwood & I,

Online submission forms must be completed and submitted along with your books. This rule applies for mail in and drop off submissions. The UK online form has not been updated to include the "Drop-off" option but you may call to schedule an appointment with any completed form. 

If you have a paid membership with CGC you can utilize the US and UK forms for submissions. Your login credentials will work on both websites and you will only need to agree to the UK terms and conditions which will pop up on your first login. 

To avoid any incorrect information, please address any further questions directly to the UK office at the email below. 

service@cgccomics.uk

10 minutes ago, Matt G said:

Hello @Get Marwood & I,

Online submission forms must be completed and submitted along with your books. This rule applies for mail in and drop off submissions. The UK online form has not been updated to include the "Drop-off" option but you may call to schedule an appointment with any completed form. 

If you have a paid membership with CGC you can utilize the US and UK forms for submissions. Your login credentials will work on both websites and you will only need to agree to the UK terms and conditions which will pop up on your first login. 

To avoid any incorrect information, please address any further questions directly to the UK office at the email below. 

service@cgccomics.uk

Thanks Matt (thumbsu