• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Ghost Rider 1 Grade Is In
1 1

17 posts in this topic

It looks like a bad cut...possibly a production issue, or possibly trimmed.  The 'E' in 'Police' is incomplete.  My first comic as a kid was Ghost Rider #1 (I thought the flaming skull was cool), but it didn't look like this.  Sold it off as a 9.0 three years ago.  9.2...depending on the 'miscut' thing...IMO.

I don't think it's trimmed. Comparing it to other copies it looks like it's just printed way off kilter. 

18799007%5D&call=url%5Bfile:product.chai

For instance this one above gets a 9.0 and you can see the E in police is right near the bottom of the cover, but looking at the top the alignment is much more even whereas the OP's copy has a bunch of dead space on the upper left side. I've seen this sort of thing numerous times with books from this era as I've been looking through What If...? issues on auctions and the variability in the printing is extreme in some cases. I'm not sure how this affects the CGC grade, but I'd imagine unless they find actual post production alterations it shouldn't matter.

OP's copy has corner crunching on the bottom spine side, enough that it looks like there are bends and creases that formed on both the front and back sides.

Chipping at the bottom open side.
Edge wear at the top of the front cover on the spine side.
Back top edge has that indent and what appears to be ink transfer or possibly just wear.
Also looks like there is a chip on the back cover top near the spine.
Very minor spine stress lines.

Probably 8.5

Edited by RhialtoTheMarvellous