ASM #300 CGC Universal 9.8 with WPs - Bright Red

27 posts in this topic

Boardies,

I am seeking the immaculate ASM 300. All of the copies I see are not appealing.

ASM #300

• CGC Universal 9.8
  • White Pages
  • Bright Red 300s on Cover (Not Orange, or Faded in the Left Most Column)
  • Straighter looking columns of 300s; Some are perfectly straight (Yay) while others are slanted (Yuck)
  • Centered Wrap (No back cover on front or front cover on back)
  • New Case (Newer the better)

Does anyone have such a beauty?

Shoot... even if it's not for sale, I'd love to see one like this as I know they exist!

Thank you!

Edited by TXReplicant

Precisely like yours! Thank you for sharing! I prefer them just like yours where you cannot see the beginning of the next row of 300s above the top right corner 300. I like the cover to end right at the top right 300. Nice and red in all columns! WPs! Centered! She's a beut!

1 minute ago, TXReplicant said:

Precisely like yours! Thank you for sharing! I prefer them just like yours where you cannot see the beginning of the next row of 300s above the top right corner 300. I like the cover to end right at the top right 300. Nice and red in all columns! WPs! Centered! She's a beut!

lol I was absolutely convinced you were going to find something you didn't like about it!!

You will find one just like it I'm sure!  (I paid exactly $2K for mine.)  (thumbsu

On 6/23/2020 at 11:49 PM, Sweet Lou 14 said:

lol I was absolutely convinced you were going to find something you didn't like about it!!

You will find one just like it I'm sure!  (I paid exactly $2K for mine.)  (thumbsu

As someone who spent roughly 6 months looking at countless 9.8s before recently buying one, if I'm going to nitpick on yours, I'd say the centering isn't perfect.

Actually hard to find a perfect one and probably going to pay a premium if you do.  (2300+ these days.)  

6 hours ago, Poekaymon said:

As someone who spent roughly 6 months looking at countless 9.8s before recently buying one, if I'm going to nitpick on yours, I'd say the centering isn't perfect.

Actually hard to find a perfect one and probably going to pay a premium if you do.  (2300+ these days.)  

Mine is good enough for me, but if you feel that yours is noticeably better, then let's see it.

1 minute ago, Jordysnordy said:

I think @Sweet Lou 14 has the nicer copy. 
His right side has much better 300 than yours, which are more cut off.

The 300s (if I am even understanding you correctly) have never bothered me on any copy I've ever seen, but I'll take your word for it.  Guess it boils to what you care about more--I just hate seeing interior pages and work pretty hard to avoid that on any book.

42 minutes ago, Poekaymon said:

I thought you were inviting critiques.  :)  Never said mine was noticeably better--I just can't call something perfect if I can see interior pages.

Important thing is we are both happy with our copies.  🍻

I wouldn't say I was inviting critiques, in fact I said I was dreading one when I posted my copy.

You implied that I would need to pay a "premium" over and above what I paid for my copy in order get a "perfect" copy like yours, which is why I was curious to see yours.

They're both great copies and, speaking only for myself, I can't imagine someone thinking that one is worth more than the other.  But like you said, what matters most is that we're both happy.

:foryou:

8 minutes ago, Sweet Lou 14 said:

I wouldn't say I was inviting critiques, in fact I said I was dreading one when I posted my copy.

You implied that I would need to pay a "premium" over and above what I paid for my copy in order get a "perfect" copy like yours, which is why I was curious to see yours.

They're both great copies and, speaking only for myself, I can't imagine someone thinking that one is worth more than the other.  But like you said, what matters most is that we're both happy.

:foryou:

Nah, I wasn't even calling mine perfect.  I don't even think you can get "crappy" ones for 2k was my point.  If you are going to be choosy, it's certainly going to be more.

I have one, and in fact #301 as well.  Since I don't collect superhero stuff though, I have no clue AFA value.  I'm sure the OP wouldn't want my 300, given that there is a hint of the upper row of 300 on the right upper corner.

ASM 300.jpg

ASM 301.jpg

On 7/4/2020 at 11:32 AM, Gaard said:

I wouldn't kick either one of them out of bed.

I wouldn't recommend sleeping with them... cracked cases,  spin role. 

A 'perfect' 9.8 isn't a 9.8 at all.

It is a 10.

If you want perfect don't be cheap, pay for the 9.9

Edited by NP_Gresham
2 hours ago, NP_Gresham said:

A 'perfect' 9.8 isn't a 9.8 at all.

It is a 10.

If you want perfect don't be cheap, pay for the 9.9

Easier said than done--I don't think I've seen a 9.9 for sale.  But if the Hulk 181 9.9 that people have posted pictures of many times in this forum is any indication, 9.9s can look much worse than 9.8s.  :)