• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

[CLOSED] + + + A book so rare that Gerber wasn't even sure it existed. The good news? It's CHEAP! + + +

26 posts in this topic

TERMS OF SALE:

* * * PLEASE READ THE ENTIRE TERMS OF SALE BEFORE PLACING A BID. I DO NOT MAKE EXCEPTIONS TO THE TERMS LISTED BELOW * * *

I will not conduct business with members on the probation list, members listed in the hall of shame, or the handful of members on my ignore list. I do not participate in third-party deals. When you enter into a contract with me, you acknowledge that you are directly responsible for the deal. 

First  :takeit:in the sales thread wins. Private sales can be arranged and negotiations are entertained via PM, but the most secure and incontestable way to win is to post the :takeit:directly in the public thread. If a private deal is made via PM, I will modify the sales thread ASAP, but there is always a small chance that someone could beat you in the public thread, so please keep that in mind when entering into negotiations. 

PAYMENT: PayPal Goods and Services or personal check. Item will ship when payment clears. 

SHIPPING AND HANDLING: USPS Priority Mail. $15 to the USA. I am not currently shipping to other countries. My apologies. 

RETURN POLICY: I accept returns for any reason, as long as the following conditions are strictly met:

1. You must use PM to notify me of your intention to return the item and I must receive this notice within 72 hours of your reception of the package as indicated by tracking.

2. I must receive the returned item in the exact condition in which it was sent. Refunds will only be issued after I receive the item in question.

3. You must mail the item back to me postmarked as "shipped" no later than 7 calendar days after your reception of the package as indicated by tracking.

4. You must cover the cost of shipping the item back to me.

5. I do not issue partial refunds, so please do not ask me to cover reholder fees. It's all or nothing. 

If any of these generous conditions are not met, I reserve the right to refuse the return. 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've been a member of the boards for almost a decade and the total amount of business I've conducted here is deep into the five-figure range, both as a seller and buyer, with several books individually priced in the deep four-figure range. My kudos can be found by going HERE.

I look forward to doing business with you! 

FOR SALE - Blue Circle 6 - CGC Universal Grade of 4.0 (Very Good) with Cream to Off-white pages. 

Gerber rarity index - 8 (RARE - estimated 11-20 copies). Special notation: may not exist

There are four on the census. This affordable copy is the lowest graded. 

Interesting book. I have copied and pasted the following information directly from Mycomicshop.com

"Contents do not match cover. The sixth issue of this run consisted of a new cover used to recover different remaindered comics dating from the late 1940's to early 1950's and several variations exist. This variation contains the remaindered comic - Martin Kane - Private Eye #nn - and it was re-covered by the publisher, Rural, without page 1 of the first story. This was probably intended to be the third issue of the Martin Kane (1950 Fox) series, but it was never published. It includes the following Martin Kane stories: "Case of the Royal Rubies", "Ballad of Death", & "The King of Blackmail", plus a 2 page detective text story." MCS 

I hope the pics turned out okay. I'm too lazy to hook up my scanner after moving my computer to the other side of the house. Isn't that sad? 

IMG_0443.jpg.5d0eac3b6945429391ad809688413e30.jpg

IMG_0444.jpg.462ee1686a7a68ca25b27eacfd66f125.jpg

gerb.jpg.8e0d111835827bb31e4b8999025a34ac.jpg

Just now, newshane said:

FOR SALE - Blue Circle 6 - CGC Universal Grade of 4.0 (Very Good) with Cream to Off-white pages. 

Gerber rarity index - 8 (RARE - estimated 11-20 copies). Special notation: may not exist

There are four on the census. This affordable copy is the lowest graded. 

Interesting book. I have copied and pasted the following information directly from Mycomicshop.com

"Contents do not match cover. The sixth issue of this run consisted of a new cover used to recover different remaindered comics dating from the late 1940's to early 1950's and several variations exist. This variation contains the remaindered comic - Martin Kane - Private Eye #nn - and it was re-covered by the publisher, Rural, without page 1 of the first story. This was probably intended to be the third issue of the Martin Kane (1950 Fox) series, but it was never published. It includes the following Martin Kane stories: "Case of the Royal Rubies", "Ballad of Death", & "The King of Blackmail", plus a 2 page detective text story." MCS 

I hope the pics turned out okay. I'm too lazy to hook up my scanner after moving my computer to the other side of the house. Isn't that sad? 

IMG_0443.jpg.5d0eac3b6945429391ad809688413e30.jpg

IMG_0444.jpg.462ee1686a7a68ca25b27eacfd66f125.jpg

gerb.jpg.8e0d111835827bb31e4b8999025a34ac.jpg

Take

4 minutes ago, Comcav said:

Are you sure even YOU own it?  Pictures to prove it!

Take

3 minutes ago, DavidTheDavid said:

How cheap? Like bottom-feeder cheap?

Looks like it is free

Just now, Comcav said:

How much did you spend on that, can't say I ever saw a price!

I coulda asked 10 times as much, no? 

lol 

1 minute ago, Comcav said:

well, a smidge more for sure, but nice to see good values.  well done.

I got a good deal on the Berk copy earlier today, so I'm glad to pass an ultra-cool book along for an affordable price. 

Thanks for looking everyone, and thanks to the buyer! 

2 minutes ago, SushiX said:

Can't pass it up for 100 bucks!

Agreed! 

It is pretty stoopid rare, I have to say I was tempted to keep it along with the upgrade but...bah.