• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM #1 TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES.... adventures

7 posts in this topic

My first introduction to TMNT was actually seeing some of the other kids playing the old Palladium RPG at recess.  I still remember dressing up as a Turtle for Halloween a year before the movie came out, and nobody knew what the hell a TMNT was!

Anyway, I was a bit too young for the original Mirage comic, but I LOVED the cartoon, and was a big fan of this 3 issue mini-series released by Archie comics, which covered the story from the cartoon's first few pilot episodes.  The interior book art is a bit childish, but at least the covers are credited to Eastman/Laird and someone named Steve Lavigne who I assume probably actually did most of the work... 

And I'm not sure if this is the right forum, but my other question is, are these actually worth anything?  I assumed that it was only the early black and white Mirage books that were in demand, but when I checked ebay I saw some slabbed examples 'listed' for up to and above $200!?!?  Of course I also saw some raw examples listed for far less, so are these triple digit asking prices just 'pie in the sky' ebay sellers just hoping to snag some unsuspecting sucker?  Or is there a specific Canadian news stand variant that actually trades for over $100?

turtle1a.JPG

turtle2b.JPG

Edited by StreetPreacher