• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Question about grading

3 posts in this topic

Hi everyone I’m new here. I’ve been collecting for 30 years now but have never sent any books to CGC, I’ve purchased many book graded by CGC, CBCS and PGX. I just purchased Amazing Spider-Man Annual # 1 it is CGC 0.5 bec it’s missing a page. My question is if I crack the slab and put the page that it missing back in loose not marry it or glue/tape in but just put it loose and resend it to CGC would it come back the same grade. Now the book to me looks like 2.5-3.0 if it was complete. Thanks guys!

On 6/26/2020 at 6:36 AM, amzsm04 said:

Hi everyone I’m new here. I’ve been collecting for 30 years now but have never sent any books to CGC, I’ve purchased many book graded by CGC, CBCS and PGX. I just purchased Amazing Spider-Man Annual # 1 it is CGC 0.5 bec it’s missing a page. My question is if I crack the slab and put the page that it missing back in loose not marry it or glue/tape in but just put it loose and resend it to CGC would it come back the same grade. Now the book to me looks like 2.5-3.0 if it was complete. Thanks guys!

It might still come back 0.5 because the book being graded is still missing that page (that was what I saw answered in a similar post here). It just has an extra page from another book. To make sure this is seen as part of the book you'd have to marry it and then it could come back 2.5-3.0 but with a green label.