• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Joe Sinnott OA
1 1

49 posts in this topic

Just added the below to my CAF, an insufficient remembrance but the link below is to this folder in my CAF that has 6 pages of 1970s FF with Sinnott inks

http://cafurl.com?i=24875

In all, my CAF has just under 2 dozen pages with Sinnott inks...and on CAF overall there are over 2,000 so head down memory lane!

Pollard Sinnott FF 200 p6.jpeg

1 hour ago, mtlevy1 said:

Just added the below to my CAF, an insufficient remembrance but the link below is to this folder in my CAF that has 6 pages of 1970s FF with Sinnott inks

http://cafurl.com?i=24875

In all, my CAF has just under 2 dozen pages with Sinnott inks...and on CAF overall there are over 2,000 so head down memory lane!

Pollard Sinnott FF 200 p6.jpeg

That was a tough one to let go but it definitely went to a good home! Sinnott made this issue pop like he did with everything he touched. Love the link-great tribute to an absolutely brilliant artist!

🍇 🦍 

41 minutes ago, Captain Canuck said:

I always found it interesting how the penciller  always got credit on the dailies, but never the inker. He inked a lot of the dailies over the years.

agreed

Don't know why I am telling this story.  Maybe sometimes it just great to get near a piece of art, and/or have a brush with one of the masters.  Back in the early 90's I was selling some of my silver age keys and buying art. My friend the late (great) Keith Contarino was brokering a deal with me to buy page 5 of FF5 directly from Joe Sinnott.  Joe asked for 7K and I agreed. Then the price went to 8K and I backed out.  7K for any interior page at that time was really high, guess I just reached my limit.  Wish I had gone higher, but decisions are made in the light of current day.  No regrets, rather no regrets any different than not buying Amazon or Apple stock on offering.  Anyone know what this went for at auction? 

FF-5-Page5.jpg

1 hour ago, mking78 said:

Don't know why I am telling this story.  Maybe sometimes it just great to get near a piece of art, and/or have a brush with one of the masters.  Back in the early 90's I was selling some of my silver age keys and buying art. My friend the late (great) Keith Contarino was brokering a deal with me to buy page 5 of FF5 directly from Joe Sinnott.  Joe asked for 7K and I agreed. Then the price went to 8K and I backed out.  7K for any interior page at that time was really high, guess I just reached my limit.  Wish I had gone higher, but decisions are made in the light of current day.  No regrets, rather no regrets any different than not buying Amazon or Apple stock on offering.  Anyone know what this went for at auction? 

FF-5-Page5.jpg

Sorry to hear about the last minute price change. One would assume that if a price was agreed upon then it would be honored. Any reason for the last minute price increase?

7 hours ago, mking78 said:

FF-5-Page5.jpg

Anything sold on HA should be searchable:

$38,837.50

https://comics.ha.com/itm/original-comic-art/jack-kirby-and-joe-sinnott-fantastic-four-5-dr-doom-page-5-original-art-marvel-1962-/a/830-92289.s?ic4=GalleryView-Thumbnail-071515