• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cartoonist Kayfabe youtube channel. Check it out!

9 posts in this topic

I searched to see if this channel had been mentioned before on here and I can't believe it hasn't hardly. Just once in one thread and it looks like it was ignored. It's a great channel run by comic artists Ed Piskor and Jim Rugg and they show all kinds of comics, do tons of interviews with artists, publishers, designers of every kind, Jaime Hernandez, Todd McFarlane, Howard Chaykin, Kevin Eastman, Tim Vigil and tons more. They just did a huge interview with this forums favorite punching bag Rob Liefeld.

Just thought I'd give it a plug. I have discovered tons of comics I never heard of before since I found it.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU0v4IGzj2wK-PmjASkK2Rg

I sometimes wonder the same thing... about why things like this are not frequent topics of discussion around here.  I suspect that this crowd is focused on issues related directly to collecting like grading, rarity, etc.

Though that is what I suspect, it still surprises me that there aren't very many threads here about reading some awesome comic.  I guess I expect comic collectors to be more obsessed by the writing and art than they are.

I like how Piskor and Rugg are interested in the art of making comics and not at all in the collectability of them but I don't think that resonates around here.

Thanks for the link...a lot of interesting stuff

I was into the channel for awhile but grew tired of their comic snobbery and unsubscribed.  They seem to only appreciate a book if it has a print run of less than 2500.  Though, both guys have done work for the big 2, they don't have much good to say about most of the DC and Marvel books, no matter the time period.  Obviously, they can like or dislike what they want but it got cringey when they would do unboxing videos of free comics and overtly bad mouth the stuff people took the time to pack up and mail to them.  It got a little to Abe Froman so I moved on...

giphy.gif

4 hours ago, DJones said:

I was into the channel for awhile but grew tired of their comic snobbery and unsubscribed.  They seem to only appreciate a book if it has a print run of less than 2500.  Though, both guys have done work for the big 2, they don't have much good to say about most of the DC and Marvel books, no matter the time period.  Obviously, they can like or dislike what they want but it got cringey when they would do unboxing videos of free comics and overtly bad mouth the stuff people took the time to pack up and mail to them.  It got a little to Abe Froman so I moved on...

giphy.gif

Weird, my main complaint with them is just the opposite. They cover way too much mainstream crud, way too much superhero and image/wizard crud and not enough lesser known stuff. Every other comic youtube channel is 100 percent DC/Marvel mainstream stuff, but at least these guys cover other things and I have discovered so much stuff I never knew of before there so I am cool with it all.