• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What is Your “Obtainable” Grail Book?
4 4

107 posts in this topic

Strange Tales 28 in 5.0+. I've been trying to put together the Senate Hearing set, and you can imagine the other key that's missing. My budget is not super high, so this one is just enough to make me skittish spending, especially nowadays. Unfortunately, that means waiting for the day when it will be totally out of reach.

Edited by rumrunner71

Realistically, it's AF 15.  I feel like the days of it being obtainable are running out and it would probably require me to make some tough choices to raise the fund. 

But since this is a GA I'll give a few. 

Blue Bolt 105 is a big book I hope to obtain in the next few years. 

I love pre-batman Tecs, so Tec 1 and Tec 2 would be there for me. 

Wait, does grail mean 1 book? 

Tec 1 

30 minutes ago, Frisco Larson said:

Probably Marvel Comics #1 but it would likely have to be a restored copy. The clock is ticking on that idea too …..

What does a restored MC1 go for these days?

16 minutes ago, Frisco Larson said:

It varies according to grade and amount of work, but I'd guess the buy-in is at least 25k, for anything you'd want to own. 

I would have to sell some pretty nice books then. I guess that’s why they call it a grail...

1 minute ago, piper said:

I would have to sell some pretty nice books then. I guess that’s why they call it a grail...

Oh yeah, I would too, make no mistake, that's a LOT of coin!!! I've never owned it but I have had the pleasurable fortune to leaf through a few copies and for me, it was pretty breathtaking! It was on the same level as the few times I've thumbed through an Action #1 or the time I read the Batman story in Gator's Detective #27 (he said I could, so I couldn't pass that up)!!! Opportunities are few and far between with those 3 books.