• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What is Your “Obtainable” Grail Book?
4 4

107 posts in this topic

48 minutes ago, GoldenAgeAddict said:

Adventure 40.   Have wanted it for quite some time and finally decided to bite the bullet

That’s awesome. I had several of the sandman covers but since I couldn’t/wouldn’t pick up an Adv 40, I’m selling them off in an upcoming Heritage Auction.

7 hours ago, telerites said:

It is kind of interesting that according to the census there are 33 restored to 30 universals (no qualified) although with CPR, I doubt it is accurate.  When looking at GPA, it has been quite some time for a recorded sale of a restored MC 1 but of course that does not include CL, CC, private sale, etc.  

Iast unrestored was over 2 years ago unlike superman 1 which pop up all the time in auction. Top 3 Book and rarest of the top 10. Affordable grail to some lol

We will have to wait for a sale of a restored or low grade to see. Its most likely higher with the 9.4  sale at auction in November that was the third comic to cross the 1 million in auction.

On 8/16/2020 at 2:30 PM, zen514 said:

Iast unrestored was over 2 years ago unlike superman 1 which pop up all the time in auction. Top 3 Book and rarest of the top 10. Affordable grail to some lol

We will have to wait for a sale of a restored or low grade to see. Its most likely higher with the 9.4  sale at auction in November that was the third comic to cross the 1 million in auction.

How much would a 1.0 Marvel #1 be in today’s market?

On 8/16/2020 at 6:25 AM, telerites said:

It is kind of interesting that according to the census there are 33 restored to 30 universals (no qualified) although with CPR, I doubt it is accurate.  When looking at GPA, it has been quite some time for a recorded sale of a restored MC 1 but of course that does not include CL, CC, private sale, etc.  

Yeah - - I think that at least half of them have been pressed to 9.0s...

On 8/16/2020 at 8:55 AM, GoldenAgeAddict said:

Adventure 40.   Have wanted it for quite some time and finally decided to bite the bullet

@GoldenAgeAddict My blue label Adventure 51 is coming up on Heritage.

I would really like to get a copy of Batman #47. I'm not really a big GA connoisseur, as I only currently have two (FC #178 and Batman #46 - missed it by that much). I probably never going to be a big GA collector, but I would like to get a key issue for less than my car costs. Another book I have been thinking about is Superman #76.