• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

[CLOSED] [CLOSED] LAST CALL! Closing Today! Medication Time! Nurse Ratched Says Short Box 'o early Silver to early Bronze, mostly Marvel/DC plus some oddballs
1 1

326 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, Readcomix said:

Brave and the Bold #197 VFNM Batman and Catwoman vs Scarecrow, Earth II Batman and Catwoman marry. JSA app. $10

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Brave and the Bold #197 VFNM Batman and Catwoman vs Scarecrow, Earth II Batman and Catwoman marry. JSA app. $10

:takeit:

Take IM 8, Thor 193. I accept this tithe to the reader gods of nonslabbed books in their natural state as God intended!

Ninja edit: And just saw they're both taken. By Lucifer's beard! I shall await the next offering....

Edited by Jginsberg79
Editing to acknowledge they were taken.

2 minutes ago, Readcomix said:

OK, thread is now caught up from last night... apologies to @WASM and @Jginsberg79 but Western Gunfighters #1 and Thor #193/Iron Man #8 had already been taken; sorry I had not been able to update the thread quickly enough. 

Lots more still to come!

No worries! These threads are fun and missing an issue or two isn't that devastating! I'll be sure to look closer and pray to the bin gods for more IM, X-Men and IH!

17 minutes ago, Jginsberg79 said:

No worries! These threads are fun and missing an issue or two isn't that devastating! I'll be sure to look closer and pray to the bin gods for more IM, X-Men and IH!

Friendly hint for @Readcomix threads..he is a night owl... so look for late night listings of mid to low grade goodness!! Bought lots of books from Gene, one of the best!

2 minutes ago, Unstoppablejayd said:

Friendly hint for @Readcomix threads..he is a night owl... so look for late night listings of mid to low grade goodness!! Bought lots of books from Gene, one of the best!

That's a good tip. I shall ease into the bourbon then so as not to fast forward through the evening to bed :-) Thank you Unstoppablejayd and can't wait. Jim, Roy and others have made this a lot of fun. Excited for the Gene jam!

@Unstoppablejayd @Jginsberg79 You guys are too kind; thank you both! I shall endeavor to deliver. I keep thinking I can do a matinee offering, but I never seem to get to it! Reality is 10 pm EST is about as early as I get, but if I can ever pull off an unexpected addition in daytime, I will!

About these books: Most of this box came in a trade when I dealt away a large modern collection I didn't really want. An LCS near me does not do back issues so he calls me when he gets offers of old books-- found my Sensation 12, CDNP 46, others thanks to this guy -- So, when he called and said one of his regulars needed to sell his collection of back issues, even though it was modern, I took it to help out his guy. (He and the customer went to high school together!) So I then traded a lot of them for some lower grade Silver; I swapped out and upgraded where I could so some of these are previous undercopies. But that's how these got here.

2 minutes ago, Readcomix said:

@Unstoppablejayd @Jginsberg79 You guys are too kind; thank you both! I shall endeavor to deliver. I keep thinking I can do a matinee offering, but I never seem to get to it! Reality is 10 pm EST is about as early as I get, but if I can ever pull off an unexpected addition in daytime, I will!

About these books: Most of this box came in a trade when I dealt away a large modern collection I didn't really want. An LCS near me does not do back issues so he calls me when he gets offers of old books-- found my Sensation 12, CDNP 46, others thanks to this guy -- So, when he called and said one of his regulars needed to sell his collection of back issues, even though it was modern, I took it to help out his guy. (He and the customer went to high school together!) So I then traded a lot of them for some lower grade Silver; I swapped out and upgraded where I could so some of these are previous undercopies. But that's how these got here.

Can't wait! Flash, Xmen, Superman, IH, IM, Thor, ASM...I'm not that discerning on these grades. I just want some new stuff to read! Excited to see what's coming. As I have two small kids, do you know what time you may start? Easier to plan for me. If not, I can have missed-buyers remorse and catchup!

5 minutes ago, Jginsberg79 said:

Can't wait! Flash, Xmen, Superman, IH, IM, Thor, ASM...I'm not that discerning on these grades. I just want some new stuff to read! Excited to see what's coming. As I have two small kids, do you know what time you may start? Easier to plan for me. If not, I can have missed-buyers remorse and catchup!

Thank you; not sure yet but I will update. Probably 10pm EST-ish. More Thors coming for sure, and a Hulk. Not not sure which night. More than one night's worth of books still coming. (Maybe 50 more). Not too many of those other titles in this batch, but there's FF, Daredevil, Avengers, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, maybe Captain Marvel if I can read the run quickly enough.