• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Marvel bullpen list of appearances?

15 posts in this topic

I was trying to think of all the comics that the bullpen appeared in. But then it occurred to me that I could save myself the pain of thinking too hard and just ask you guys if there is a list somewhere.

Any help?

Looking at the Wikipedia list, I can think of at least one omission: Nova v1 #5, which featured appearances by Marv Wolfman; Sal Buscema; John Verpoorten; Archie Goodwin; Roy Thomas; Stan Lee and Beth Bleckley, the last of whom was apparentla a secretary, who I remember getting a few credits for computer lettering on Deathlok in Astonishing Tales..

Edited by Chaykin Stevens

another method to look at this might be on the website Comic Book Realm that I use to organize my collection.

https://comicbookrealm.com/series/1528/0/marvel-comics-nova-vol-1

image.thumb.png.71f4ade808442793ff0e9eb8f91c8324.png

if you navigate to the "characters" tab, you will see various artist/bullpen shown-- and you drill down on them to see if they have more appearances. Obviously the ones with Stan Lee will be the most. Hope this additional resource might yield some results missed elsewhere.

1 hour ago, Stuntman said:

This must be the Holy Grail of Marvel Bullpen collectors :bigsmile:

It should be Sub-Mariner #19. What If? is a “fantasy story”, whereas Subby 19 is regular continuity.   What If #11 is popular with cover collectors who don’t care what’s inside.

;)

Millie the Model #107 (March 1962) is the first appearance of a Marvel Bullpen creator (Jack Kirby) appearing as a comic book character after they changed from Atlas to Marvel Comics (June 1961).

Edited by seredynskib

On 6/28/2020 at 3:05 PM, Stuntman said:

This must be the Holy Grail of Marvel Bullpen collectors :bigsmile:

450?cb=20190422132436

In one of those weird coincidences that convince me that quantum entanglements sometimes guide our lives, I had never seen this cover before today, and then I saw it twice -- here, and then in this issue of Marvel Age that I picked up for bathroom reading material . . .

20200629_171839.jpg

20200629_171844.jpg