• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Craft Alliance Virtual Comic Classes in July and August

2 posts in this topic

Hey everybody,
If anyone's looking for a comic-related activity for kids to do over the summer, I'll be teaching some virtual cartooning camps next month. Full details are below if you're interested.

87618A80-9105-47B7-BF7A-2AB2962914E1.png.b65f127a39f39a68c1aad3b7fdccba15.png

Over the past ten years, I have been teaching comic art and cartooning classes at Craft Alliance in St. Louis. Unfortunately, all traditional summer camps were cancelled this year due to the pandemic.

However, Craft Alliance is now offering a series of three-day morning and afternoon virtual summer camps via Zoom scheduled from July 7 to August 6. This includes my own Comic Capers, which is scheduled Tuesday through Thursday each week.

Comic Capers Course Description: (3 days, 1.5 hours)
This summer camp will provide students with the skills to create a superhero and learn the steps in creating a comic book. Students will proceed through the entire creative process, including writing, drawing, lettering, inking, and coloring.

Since these are virtual camps, there are no geographic restrictions and students from ANYWHERE can sign up! Registration is now open through the links below, and here is a full list of camps:

Ages 7-9
Awesome Animals (Mixed Media)
Comic Capers
Soft Sculpture (Mixed Media)
Stamps, Prints & Books

Ages 10-14
Bookmaking & Prints
Comic Capers
Drawing 101
Fiber Fun
Sew Crazy

Full course information and registration links:
Ages 7-9: https://craftalliance.org/staenberg-summer-camps-ages-7–9
Ages 10-14: https://craftalliance.org/staenberg-summer-camps-ages-10–14

Please reply here or PM if you would like any additional information or have any questions. Thanks!

016C9F40-36D5-4063-9FC6-9367F44EF7E5.jpeg.f808eb57f17a873233078f28a51542b0.jpeg

Edited by Real Frantic One